Oblivious

Time: 8pm
Saweetie's POV
The whole day, I couldn't stop thinking about the doctors telling me I had a miscarriage—like how did I not know? I could've I known?

"Ba-Babe you alright now?" Qua asks snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I ask looking up at him, "I'm..I don't—." I sigh cutting myself off.

We came to New York to work.We had went to Angie Martinez's radio station which is one of the hottest New York radio stations then I had went to one of my photo shoots and came straight to the hotel.

Qua came back a little after me and all he wanted to do was talk—but I didn't and couldn't.

I was wearing a sweatsuit, furry slides..sunglasses and my hair in a messy bun.Haven't eaten since the hospital visit, haven't held a conversation since.

Yeah, I was a mess and a little distraught but what woman wouldn't? It's not that easy to get over having a miscarriage and then not even being able to speak upon it.

"Damn, that's the most you've said to me in.. almost seven hours."

"I just lost a baby and that's what you say to me?" I scoff.

"You know I didn't mean it like that D but this is the most you're talking to me since the hospital visit earlier this morning.You haven't ate all day.You refuse to fucking talk to me.Like what can I do? What do you want me to do?" He slightly shouts.

"I WANT YOU TO HOLD ME! I WANT YOU TO TELL ME THAT EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT!" I say shout sitting up in the bed, "You think this shit is easy? Like I can just go on about my day knowing I was put to sleep so that doctors could extract a unborn fetus from my body? Not to mention that I didn't even KNOW i was pregnant in the first place!" I start explaining as I get up, "I can't just forget about the shit I went through this morning."

"Baby, but that's why you've got to communicate with me.I can't just magically guess the typa shit you want me to do for you.You've gotta speak up and tell me.I ain't no fucking mind reader or nothing!"

"Nigga I don't need to speak up, you should just already be trying to comfort me instead of getting mad when I'm not talking to you," I argue.

"Okay but—."

You would think since he was raised around women, he'd know what to do in a situation kind of like this one.

"This shit been on my mind ALL DAY.ALL FUCKING DAY QUAVIOUS!" I shout.

"SEE THIS THE SHIT IM TALKING ABOUT! YOU NOT LETTING ME SPEAK D.LET ME SPEAK.THIS COMMUNICATION SHIT NOT HERE BETWEEN US RIGHT NOW!"

"Your automatic reaction should to comfort your girl.No matter what I do or say, comfort me because i'm not in the best state right now and you as my boyfriend..as a son..as a brother..as a man, should know," I explain getting up and grabbing my clothes together.

At this point in the argument, I decided right then and there I was gonna book a different hotel in the city and stay until I finish my work out here in New York.Afterwards, I was gonna go back home to the bay.

Straight.Like.That.

"You're stressing me out more and more instead of helping me heal in this process.And it seems like i'm stressing you out too so you know what, ima take my shit and ima leave."

"Where you finna go?" He scoffs folding his arms.

"I'll book another hotel for my photo shoot tomorrow and then book a flight home.If you can't understand what i'm feeling then.." I sigh putting my shoes on.

"Then what? Whatchu telling me bruh?" He asks standing up watching me grab everything out the bathroom and around the room.

"I don't know.." I sigh, "I need a couple of days to myself to regroup everything."

I watch as he throws himself on the bed sighing loudly in frustration holding his head before I close the door leaving the key card on the nightstand near the door.

Walking down the hall through the hotel, I wanted to go back to the room and apologize but what would I be apologizing for? For being 100% righ.

He was taking my feelings and making it into an argument that just blew up in his face.

After tomorrow, I was staying in LA and I wasn't having anymore work based in Atlanta.I wasn't going to allow myself to be in that type of a predicament to where me, expressing my feelings were an argument starter.

I booked a room at a hotel just a couple blocks down from the one me and Qua were staying in.I was on the verge of tears and knew that the only person I could talk to about this and who could calm me down—was Belcalis.

"Hey girlieeee!" She shouts answering the phone.

"Me and Qua just got into an argument," I sigh.

I was already in my room settled in bed, and in the dark.

"What?! What happened?" She asks as her tone changes.

"He just—."

And there they were..the tears.Running down my face endlessly like a waterfall.

"Babe babe stop crying stop crying tell me what happened!"

"I was pregnant."

"What do you mean was? You didn't..no...babe..damn," She sighs.

"We were at the hospital all morning and you know we had work to do out here and we did that but that's when we came back to the room and he was trying to talk to me and you know like i'm fucking exhausted like physically tired and i'm mentally just not good like finding out I just had a miscarriage and he's all like 'that's the most you've said to me since the hospital visit' like nigga what the fuck do you want me to say?" I explain.

"Righttt, but Qua he's never been in a situation like that but then again like what the hell? He's supposed to be comforting you and making sure you good even though you not!" She explains.

"That's what i said! I'm like 'you're automatic reaction should to comfort your girl.No matter what I do or say, comfort me because i'm not in the best state right now and you as my boyfriend..as a son..as a brother..as a man, should know,' and he's just getting mad at me for not talking to him and for me EXPRESSING MY FEELINGS all calm and collectively and then he turned that shit into a whole argument.I just had to leave bro."

"So yah broke up?"

"I don't know.I mean he needs to learn to be more understanding with this type of feeling i'm having right now but he's not he's oblivious to the whole thing like he wasn't the one holding my hand through the entire surgery or whatever.I mean he cried too but it didn't hit him as hard as it did me."

"I think you should just take some time to yourself..both of you...take some time to yourself you know and gather your thoughts and then talk it out.At the end of the day, you two almost had a kid together.You guys are literally in love with each other.I know in my heart and in my soul..yah break up.. there's no starting over.It's impossible bro.Im telling you.I can't, and this may seem mad corny, but I cant see Qua with no other bitch and you with another nigga bro."

————
sorry for this LATE ass chapter , but make sure you go over to my other book called 'Don't lose me' with Asap Rocky !!!!!!!!