S I X

"I really mean it, Tae. I'm sorry for saying you're less than shit. Horse-Nuts really got on my nerves and I didn't mean it, I know what I said was wrong and I know my shitty ass excuse is more wrong but trust me, I am sorry." Jeongguk forced a poor smile but his words were genuine.

"Is 'Hoseok' really hard to say for you or what? I've never heard you say his name correctly." Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"I don't care enough to say his name. I've never once corrected myself on people's names I don't like." Jeongguk shrugged pathetically, not realizing his words.

"Is that why you can't say my name right?"

"Wait! No, that's not what I meant, I like you, Tae, I do it for fun. Hoe-Toes is like an arch nemesis to me. Who corrects their enemy's name?" He tried to redeem himself.

"Right, Jockstraps." Taehyung rolled his eyes and sighed. "I'll see you around, okay?"

"Wait, seriously. I'm sure we could be some type if friends, let me make all of this up to you and maybe I can go get you some sweet ice cream? Yeah?" Jeongguk never did this for anyone. He never apologized either but Jungkook made him and he truly did feel sorry for saying what he did about Taehyung.

It wasn't true, Taehyung was more than just a pile of shit.

Soon to be way more than that. Their friendship unpredictable.

***

"Am I forgiven?" Jeongguk asked as he nibbled on his cookies and cream ice cream, licking on the side of the dripping treat.

"Hmm, I don't know," Taehyung hummed, dipping his plastic spoon into his own sweet treat, the tasty strawberry ice cream. "Should I forgive you, Ggukie?~"

Jeongguk felt his cheeks grow warm at the nickname, looking down. "I think you should, I mean, I did buy you ice cream, apologized a million times, took you out in public, I think I deserve to be forgiven. Plus, I didn't beat your ass for being honest to be for what you said." The younger shrugged lamely, relaxing somewhat.

"The points you make, all up until that last part. You wouldn't have beaten my butt. Don't you have a game next Friday? Yeah right, like you would risk beating my butt like that over some true comments." Taehyung chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"Pfft," Jeongguk shook his head though Taehyung was more than correct. "You believe whatever you want to believe." He smirked, looking up and meeting Taehyung's gaze.

The two met each other's eye contact, the raven-haired chocolate orbs locking with the silver's caramel eyes, both smiles/smirks fell into thin lines.

The moment was intense and like all time frozen, neither felt able to look away until Taehyung was startled by a hand on his shoulder, snapping around.

"Jimin! You-! My god!" The second youngest stood, wrapping his arms around the shorter of all three. "Jiminie-hyung! Why didn't you come to school? Are you okay? Why didn't you come? You have this glow to you, are you high?" Taehyung questioned as he scanned over his best friend.

Jeongguk poked his inner cheek with his tongue, looking down at his cone of ice cream, sighing to himself. Taehyung wasn't fearful like most who would be afraid to confront the one Jeon Twin.

"Well," Jimin blushed and rubbed the back of his head nervously. "I already told Jungkook but I . . . I had some fun with the guy I talked to at the party a few nights back and couldn't . . . Ya know, get enough energy to get to school. Me and him stay at my place, after school because he still had to go, and watched shows and cartoons, not for too long though, he had to get going."

To say that Taehyung didn't feel any sort of pain from the words he was told was an understatement. Not only did Jimin tell Jungkook first but he and this said person also watched cartoons, Jimin knew that Taehyung was a fanatic over cartoons.

"Oh, you told Jungkook? When? When he called you?" Taehyung asked and pulled back, trying to remain positive.

"Yeah, I was ready to call you until his call got to me first and then I forgot. I really was about to call. Don't feel bad about it or anything." Jimin said as he noticed Taehyung's struggling facial expressions, he knew his best friend more than he knew himself. "Tell you this, we can watch cartoons later, I'll invite you and we can have a sleepover-type thing!"

Taehyung smiled — genuinely — brightly, grinning like an idiot as his gaze stayed drawn on the slightly shorter one. "Okay! We can watch some later! Will the guy you talked to be there?"

"Only if you want him there, I don't have to in-"

"Don't," Taehyung cut him off, his smile relaxing into a somewhat calmer one. The younger of the two recalled the existence of Jeongguk, looking over. "Sorry to ruin whatever play date this was, Ggukie, I'll be at your game next Friday!" Promised Taehyung.

"Just make sure to buy something other than a free ticket," Jeongguk cleaned up the leftover mess, throwing away the napkins and his cone. "See you around," He bid farewell before taking his leave.

It may have not been obvious but Gguk was enjoying his time with Taehyung, he's never once really talked to someone like Taehyung. It made him wonder if How-to-Suck-Yoongi-Off was as bad as he thought.

He shrugged all his thoughts off, shoving his palm into his left pocket to retrieve his phone and earbuds, plugging the end into his phone and the buds into his ears.

While, on the other hand, Taehyung and Jimin were now sharing Taehyung's strawberry ice cream while talking about the joys they would watch later on.

Taehyung's smile fluctuated throughout the entire conversation, making Jimin happy himself that Taehyung wasn't entirely bummed about the situation.

"How about we finish this up and just head straight to my place? We can talk about what was happening between you and JEONGGUK!" Jimin's voice squeaked at the mention of the brutal twin, giggling like a madman.

"Shh! One: nothing happened, two: shut up! And three: He was only apologizing for saying I'm less than shit itself." Taehyung plopped a spoonful of the treat into his mouth.

Only to soon be greeted with a massive brain freeze.