F O R T Y - F I V E

"Okay, Hoseok, I think I'm going to finally tell him today." Yoongi said as he stuffed the corner of his sandwich into his mouth, his eyes averted to his tray of foods.

Hoseok choked, covering his mouth. "What? Tell who what?" The younger already knew what Yoongi was on about, he just wanted to not assume.

The bleached-haired teen looked at him with his small eyes, smiling weakly. "I think I'll tell Jimin I like him today. I wanted to do it in some creative way but why not just be cliché?"

Hoseok pursed his heart lips, narrowing his brows. "Jimin? You guys kind of act like you date already, no need to do anything special. And you both have had sex with each other, multiple times . . . Just go for it."

"Are you okay?" Yoongi inquired randomly out of the blue, setting his sandwich down onto his tray as he turned to face Hoseok.

"Yeah? Why do you ask?" Hoseok looked over. He wasn't fine but he wanted Yoongi to believe he was. Hoseok didn't want to ruin anything for his crushes. He liked both teens and liked them for what seemed to be forever but he would be damned if he was going to ruin them like that.

"You just don't seem too fond or happy that I want to ask Jimin to be my boyfriend." Yoongi muttered. "Do you not like the fact I want to ask Jimin out?" He cocked a brow, tilting his head to the side.

To Hoseok, this look was so intimidating, he shrugged, shaking his head. "No, I don't care who you date, Yoons." He uttered.

"So why are you like this? To think of it, you almost avoid me when I talk about it." Yoongi brought up. He was determined to get to the bottom of all of this nonsense. Both eyebrows pinched together, narrowed.

"Like what? Yoongi, I've been the same ole me since we started talking. There's nothing different." Hoseok tried to push it away. "Speaking of Jimin," he wanted to change the subject. "He isn't here today I don't know. I didn't see him at all. I haven't seen Taehyung or the Jeon Twins either."

"Stop changing the fucking subject," Yoongi snapped, his voice slightly raised. He pushed his lips into a thin line. "I don't give two fucks about who the hell it is or who the fuck is gone. I asked you a question and I expect it to be answered."

Hoseok shook his head. "I don't act different, I haven't, I don't understand why you're so upset." He replied, continuously shaking his head, trying to act normal about it all.

"You like Jimin, don't you?" Yoongi stood up. "And you just don't want people to be happy, fucking selfish." He turned to walk away but Hoseok tugged him around with force.

"You know what! I'm fucking sick of this shit!" Hoseok yelled, everyone in the cafeteria going quiet. "I'm selfish?! ME?! I've been holding in my feelings for so fucking long! I like YOU! I'VE ALSO LIKE JIMIN! Fuck! I've held that in ever since!" He shoved Yoongi. "How am I SELFISH?! I've been fighting my feelings so you and him can be happy but not a single fuck gives a shit on how I truly felt!" He shouted loud and clear.

Yoongi was stunned, his eyes wide as he was continuously shoved back by Hoseok.

"You're lucky I don't try and beat your ass for assuming I'm selfish out of everyone! I'm star struck! I'm baffled! Jesus, Yoongi! I thought you were smart!" Hoseok had tears in his eyes. He was never angry, he was a ball of sunshine, even if he was holding back his feelings.

Hoseok pushed Yoongi out of the way, walking out of the cafeteria with threatening tears to make their way down his face. He was truly upset about everything.

The older stood there, lost in confusion. He snapped out of his trance turning and running after Hoseok. He yelled his name, chasing down the halls.

He spotted the aforementioned at his locker, gathering his things from it. Yoongi pushed Hoseok out the way and shut his locker, blocking him from getting anything more. "Wait, why didn't you explain that to me before?" He asked hurriedly.

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Don't pretend to care now, Yoongi. I get it, I'm selfish, I'm stupid for holding that shit back." He tried to get to his locker.

"No, I just don't understand why you didn't tell me. Did you tell anyone the way you felt?" Yoongi inquired, tilting his head.

"No, it would've led into me needing to talk to you or someone telling you." Hoseok sighed. "I don't need the rest of my shit anyways." He commented, beginning to walk away but it was Yoongi's turn to make Hoseok stop and listen.

"You could've confessed to me, perhaps things would have been different." Yoongi tried, holding Hoseok's wrist tightly so he couldn't just walk away from him.

"Yoongi, I wanted to! I wanted to so badly! I wanted to tell you how I felt since the beginning of me liking you! I've liked you since the beginning of this story!"

"Of this what?"

"Don't mind it, but I've liked you forever! Okay? I still do, and now I like Jimin too. So, you do you and date Jimin. Hope you and him are happy. I'll do what I've been doing, holding down my feelings. You date him. Just don't rub it in my face." Hoseok yanked away finally.

Yoongi didn't know what else he could do or say. He stood there, watching Hoseok's back get farther and farther away from him. He wanted to help but he didn't know how he could.

He began to walk after him once more, beginning to run as fast as he could. The bell went off, kids exiting classrooms to go to the next one. Yoongi wasn't done trying to talk to Hoseok, he slammed the doors open, seeing Hoseok getting into his car.

The eldest rushed over, getting in front of the vehicle before Hoseok could start it up. "Wait!" He said, going to the side where Hoseok rolled down the window. He had tear stains down his cheeks, fresh ones rolling down.

"Why can't you just leave me alone, Yoongi? Do you even feel the same back? Do you like me the way you like Jimin?" Hoseok asked.

Yoongi opened his lips but all he did was catch flies. No words escaped, it was building up cobweb with how he had no answer.

"Then why are you trying so fucking hard to just, to talk to me? You don't even like me the way I like you," Hoseok spat. "Go back to class." He uttered before he rolled the window back up, starting up his car and pulling away.

Yoongi stood there, he shut his mouth, covering his face with his hands. "Fucked it up again," he breathed, running his hands through his hair. All he wanted to do was talk to Hoseok and he managed to ruin that.

He looked back at the school, sighing before he carried himself back into the building nearly every kid and teen despised of. Yoongi had a lot on his plate. A lot on his mind and in his chest, or the other way around, a lot on his chest and in his mind, whatever, Yoongi just knew he had a lot more to deal with.

What made everything worse is that Yoongi would need to go home to his parents who he believed hated his guts. He would just stay up in his room for the rest of the night and hope for the best if anything.

Yoongi, back before, he liked Hoseok. He LIKED. He didn't anymore. He liked Hoseok in the beginning as well but his feelings flattened and he then liked Jimin. He didn't know Hoseok liked him. If he knew, like he said, perhaps things would have been different.

But Yoongi didn't like Hoseok like that anymore.

______

''A&N,,

Jeongguk groaned, getting sniped by a noob player on Fortnite AGAIN. He turned to the readers. "Welp, I'm still suspended and still don't know anything happening above since all I've been focused on is my game, but just do me a favor and vote this chapter. It's the star somewhere. Also, comment if you want blue haired Yoongi." Jeongguk winked.