S E V E N T Y - F I V E

Hoseok rushed into the hospital, out of breath from running with all his might and dodging cars. He banged his fists on the desk. "He-Here for . . . Fuck . . . Min Yoongi." He huffed, his hair parted in many ways.

Seokjin followed on in two minutes later, being slightly out of breath himself but not as much as Hoseok currently was.

"He's in room H18, second floor." The lady said, giving a sort of direction with her index finger. Her eyes traced the worry on both teenagers' faces, now having a concern of her own.

Hoseok muttered a thank you before he dashed down the hallway, full speed while Seokjin trailed behind.

The elder could truly sense the worrisome Hoseok had and he thought only one thing.

Yoongi didn't deserve Hoseok.

     Hoseok skipped the elevator and had settled for running up two flights of steps. He didn't care where Seokjin was, all he did was care for finding Yoongi's room.

His head whipped back and forth between the doors, he damn near getting dizzy from the spinning his head was doing. Hoseok didn't stop though, he kept looking at the rooms and counting them to make sure he was close.

"H15 . . . H16 . . . H- H18!" He stumbled his way towards the door, giving a light knock. "Yoongi? I-It's Hoseok. And Seokjin but I lost him." He uttered somewhat loud.

At first, there was nothing. Not a peep. Hoseok was getting worried but he heard a bit of movement, furrowing his brows. "Yoongs?"

Before Hoseok could open his mouth to say something else, the door cracked opened, small pitter patters of Yoongi's feet tapping the ground signaling that he was backing away.

The younger of the two pushed the door fully open, he moved his hand along to the wall to flip on a switch and light up the dark room.

Once he had managed to find it and turn the lights on, his eyes flickered to find his friend, seeing him sit on the edge of the bed.

"Hey, a-are you okay?" Hoseok asked, he was breathing somewhat heavy but not nearly as bad as he once was. "Buddy? Look at me, let me see." He pushed away from the doorframe, walking over and taking a seat next to the elder of the two.

Yoongi didn't move, he didn't even flinch a muscle when Seokjin came barging in moments later unlike Hoseok who damn near had a heart attack.

Hoseok moved his hand along Yoongi's back to comfort him but this action only made Yoongi wince in pain.

The eldest walked over, standing in front of Yoongi. "You called us here, the least you could do is let us comfort you."

"He doesn't have to if he doesn't want us to. Maybe he just wants us around." Hoseok intervened. "We can sit here for as long as-"

"Stop." Yoongi said, placing his hand on Hoseok's thigh. He let out a deep breath; huffing. "I'm sorry." He muttered through his thin, cracked, bleeding lips. He stayed looking at the floor, not wanting to show how ugly he looked, the way his face was beat and bruised.

The room became silent, Seokjin and Hoseok unsure if they were allowed to open their mouths and speak but before they could even begin to try, Yoongi opened his mouth once more.

". . . My father beat me." He let out.

Hoseok wanted to just engulf Yoongi and never let him go but he couldn't and he wasn't going to.

The aching teenager picked his head up slowly, looking first at Seokjin since he was right there and then to his side, his eyes locking with Hoseok's.

The youngest gasped, his lips parting. "Holy fuck, Yoongi. W-We have to- oh god." He saw his back eye, his busted and swollen lips, the fact he had a huge bandaid on his temple. Hoseok's eyes traced the stitched up cut on his brow, the amount of cuts and bruises lining his pale, peachy flesh that seemed more red than his skin tone. "We have to call the cops-"

"I already did." Yoongi hummed. "I told them it was only my father and my mom had no clue but she still has to be taken to court for neglect and conspiracy. She has like two other things to discuss but I'm not sure. My dad is being locked up . . ."

"For how long?" Seokjin asked, kneeling in front of the two. "How long will he be in jail?"

"Six years." Yoongi spoke, his voice breaking. "At least that's what they're assuming with the charges they're aware of. And . . . When he eventually gets out, if he ever does, he isn't allowed around me unless I consent to wanting to ever speak to him again."

"Damn." Seokjin breathed out. "I'm so sorry, Yoongi. You didn't deserve to be beaten or mistreated like that."

"Actually, I deserved all of it . . ." Yoongi smiled brokenly. "I just wanted to grab something from my house but as I did, I thought about some things. I realized how lucky I am to have Hoseok and Jimin as my friends who are more than willing to keep me with them in the privacy of their homes so I'm okay. I realized how horrible of a person I am for making both of them mad at me and upset."

Hoseok was dumbfounded, pinching his lips together.

"Then . . . W-When I was getting beat, I realized how much I deserved to be hit. I make threats to hurt people everyday and I hurt the ones I cherish the most without even caring. I deserved to be hit in the face, kicked down the steps, and stomped on."

"Stop!" Hoseok yelled, scaring Seokjin and Yoongi both. "I don't care how bad you think you hurt me, but even if you broke my heart, tore it into a million pieces, and stepped all over it, I would not say or think you ever, ever deserved your ass beat like that! I wouldn't wish it on anyone, especially you! You know damn well Jimin wouldn't think that either so don't you go fill your head with bullshit!" He wasn't yelling because he was angry, he was upset and irritated over what happened and that Yoongi truly thought he earned what he got.

"I care for you so much, Yoongi. I don't need you to like me the way I like you, I don't need you to pity my feelings or to try to have a crush on me. If you like Jimin, go for it. I don't care if you like me like that, at the end of the day, I get to call you my friend and spend time with you, fucking live with you. I get to have a great friend who likes to joke around and be there with me, who can make me smile just by offering his own! As long as you're here with me, I don't care what we are or any of that." He finished.

Seokjin was surprised. He hummed and stood, nodding. "He's right." He said. "Anyone would be glad to be your friend, Yoongi. I mean, sure there are times where you get more than you truly need, but we're all still here and all still your friends. There's not a single Min Yoongi in this world like you, not a single person we would trade you for."

This act of kindness and beautiful words made Yoongi weakly smile. He stood and made Hoseok stand, carefully hugging them since it still hurt him to move around all like that.

"Thank you." He whispered to them, wanting to cry with his good he felt to hear them say those words to him.

Hoseok placed his hand gently on Yoongi's back, not wanting to move it in circular motions in fear he would only hurt Yoongi. He did, however, enjoy the hug and the comfort he received from this.

Things would become very different from this point on.