S E V E N T Y - E I G H T

When the group all had finally arrived at the designated restaurant, they all sat at the big round table since there were eight of them.

Jeongguk, being the way he was, still complained about what he was in but only to Jungkook since Taehyung seemed overall pleased with their attire.

He felt as he stuck out like a sore thumb, Namjoon and Hoseok wearing jeans while Yoongi wore his sweatpants. Seokjin, Jimin, and Taehyung, besides the twins, wore dress pants but theirs weren't tucked in nor rolled up.

And, if Jeongguk had a dollar for every time one of the guys called him the wrong name, he would have accumulated up to five dollars right about now.

Namjoon, Hoseok, Yoongi, Hoseok again, and Seokjin have all referred to him as Jungkook. He doesn't feel insulted necessarily but it's the fact that they should all know his name by now in their friendship, beyond hair color and style.

One thing he's grateful for is the fact that Taehyung hasn't said the other twin's name to either of them. Nor has Jimin but Jimin isn't his boyfriend nor someone he spends time with on the daily.

"Well, to be fair," began Seokjin with a fork-full of meat in his mouth. "Namjoon was the first name that popped into my head. I didn't want to worry you guys with what I was told." He shrugged, smiling.

"You could've said a different story." Namjoon brought up. "Maybe along the lines of, oh, I dunno, I just wanted to hang out with my boyfriend and friend? Had a cooking accident? Something other than getting my balls stuck."

The table laughed at the comment made, all looking amongst each other with their silly ass smiles and contagious giggles.

"I thought it was the most believable. Who the hell wants to spend time with you?" Jeongguk joked, more laughs being shared.

"Anyways," Jimin joined. "Now that we all know Yoongi is doing good, I would like to share that I have date tomorrow."

"For the record, I didn't think he would actually agree to it." Jungkook sighed.

Those words gave Yoongi and Hoseok a little sting but they as a whole had decided it would be best for them not to force feelings between the three of them. Yoongi still had a thing for Jimin while Hoseok's crush had subsided ever so slightly. Hoseok wasn't sure how he felt anymore about Yoongi. He was still there for him, still had care for the elder, but he couldn't decipher how he really felt anymore.

"Oh! With who?" Seokjin piped excitedly. "Are you finally deciding to get a boyfriend?"

Jimin shied over the question asked. "Well, I don't particularly like the boy but I see nothing wrong with him and he's cute." He said. "But, Taehyung's friend, Leehyun! He asked me on a date earlier."

"It was a bet." Jungkook rolled his eyes, the table going silent.

Jimin had narrowed brows, tilting his head. "What?" He meant for his voice to sound deeper than what it came out to be, but there was a small crack.

Taehyung pursed his lips, he wanted to say something but he didn't know that Jimin didn't know. He could have assumed that much.

"What?" Jungkook said, realizing he had said the wrong sentence.

"No, what did you say? A bet?" Jimin's cheeks transitioned from pale to red after he had said the admission himself. "You made a bet?"

"I lost it if that's any comfort." Jungkook tried to reason but that only angered Jimin more.

The slightly older of the two clearly was humiliated and embarrassed. This was in front of all their friends. He sat back in his seat, averting his stare elsewhere. He wanted to storm out of here but Jungkook and Jeongguk was his ride back.

"Jiminie, for the record, Leehyun really does want to go on a date with you. You saw his reaction to when you told him yes, Jungkook's the one that made the bet he couldn't get a date with you." Taehyung tried to help reassure Jimin that this wasn't just a bet to see if he would agree, it was Leehyun with his actual feelings. "Leehyun isn't like that, he wouldn't just go on a date for ten dollars."

"Ten dollars? You didn't think much." Jimin rolled his eyes.

"I didn't think you would agree and I wasn't giving him twenty bucks." Jungkook shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't think you would be this effected by this."

"You did just tell him his whole date was for ten dollars." Jeongguk jumped in.

"Ggukie, now isn't the time to add your two cents." Taehyung looked to his right where Jeongguk was sitting. The aforementioned shrugged and went back to eating his food, not going against Taehyung's word.

"Let's change the topic." Yoongi suggested. "Why don't we just talk about our favorite colors or what we do on the weekends?"

"Maybe we can tell the stories of our first times!" Hoseok said, liking the new information he received in the car.

"How about we don't?" Jeongguk glared at Hoseok, eyes so intense that they could kill.

"Or how many bodies we each have?" Jimin brought up unabashedly, having a bit of annoyance for Jungkook at the moment.

Jungkook sighed, shaking his head. "Why not just our first kisses? Something simple and not targeting?" He glanced around the table.

"Oh!" Taehyung smiled. "That's easy, mine was Leehyun. Five years back, we were at the mall together and saw this couple kissing and then the topic spun that I didn't have my first kiss so he offered to be it. It was right after I realized I was gay so he didn't feel the 'no-homo' part of it was necessary. It was a small kiss on the lips." He said with joy but after looking around, he felt like he was the only one to share the amusement. "I . . . Someone else?"

"Leehyun?" Jungkook cocked a brow. "And you insist on hanging out and still being friends with him?"

"Fucking hell." Yoongi propped his head up with his fist, using his other hand to feed himself. He felt how redundant this turned to be. They would all calm down and immediately get back into another argument.

"We should just be school friends at this point." Namjoon intervened.

Jimin didn't even know that but he would be lying if he said he was shocked. "It's just a kiss . . . I don't think it's that big of a deal. I think at this point, you're looking for an argument." He huffed.

Jeongguk hadn't even shared what was on his mind. "Wait," he sucked in air to try to calm his anger. "Out of everyone, Jimin, I dunno, Hoseok even, and you . . . Your first kiss was Leotard?!" He questioned.

"Jeongguk and these nicknames." Seokjin sighed. "We have creative friends." He leaned back and watched the twins give Taehyung looks.

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to sit here and argue with you two over who my first kiss was. It was over five years, we didn't date, didn't have sex, didn't do any of that. I'm not going to bitch with you two about your first kisses." He cursed which surprised everyone. Taehyung wasn't one to typically curse freely.

"Whatever." Jeongguk pushed his plate of food away. He backed from the table, pulling a few bucks out of his pocket and throwing it on the table with an attitude riddled all over face and tone.

"Jeongguk, c'mon, don't do this." Namjoon tried to get him to sit back down. "You're acting like a child."

The aforementioned shook his head, tongue-in-cheek as he walked away from the group of now seven.

Taehyung didn't look up, didn't watch Jeongguk leave. He didn't pay a single mind to him and his absence of present. "So, Hoseok, who was your first kiss? I promise I won't get mad at you for who it is." He said with sass and sarcasm.

"Tae, I think we're passed that topic." Hoseok said, seeing as Taehyung looked a bit fed up at this point. "I'm sorry, Tae."

Jungkook even agreed that Jeongguk was overreacting. He just hated that they were so close that they kissed and still hung out after that but Taehyung had a point, he wasn't going to complain about who their first kisses was.

Jungkook and Jeongguk were just protective.

_______

KEY's NOTE:
. . .| who's your least favorite MAIN character?
. . .|| will you read book two?
. . .||| follow me for updates! Be sure to comment and vote! :)