A Ball

Girl's(Krystal) P.O.V:
                I groaned as I woke up by Paula. "Come on Miss. You're going to miss breakfast," she said while opening the curtains. I winced at the light that came through the windows. I regretting stood out of bed and went to the bath. Paula helped me clean and dress myself. I walked down to the dinning room to find Mr. and Mrs. Midford, Edward, and Lizzy already here. "Morning," I greeted, sitting beside Lizzy. They all greeted me with smiles as the food came out. Mr. Midford said," Elizabeth, darling, you got an invitation in the mail from a Mr. Alois Trancy, to come to his costume ball." "A costume ball?! Oh father we must go," Lizzy replied," Paula, get the carriage! Miss. and I are going to the ball and we need costumes." "Wait, Elizabeth! The girl doesn't even have a name yet; what are you going to do when you have to introduce her," Mrs. Midford stated. Lizzy pouted slightly until Edward suggested," Why don't we give her a new name? Just for now of course." "But if sh-," Mrs. Midford was about to oppose when Mr. Midford interjected," I think that's a great idea. We can say that she's a distant cousin, but what should her first name be?"
Mrs. Midford stayed silent as she continued eating. I said," I don't know, you all can make it up; you did take me in after all." "Oh, I know! I think we should call her Missy! It rhymes with Lizzy and usually we call her Miss anyways since we don't know her name," Elizabeth yelled in excitement. I giggled at my friends enthusiasm. "Alright, her nickname is Missy and her name is Melissa Midford," Mr. Midford stated with a smile. Paula came back in and said," The carriage is ready milady." "Lets go Missy," Lizzy said, grabbing my hand and dragging me into the carriage. I shook my head at Elizabeth, but was smiling none the less.
No one's P.O.V:
                    "Did you find out anything about the girl," Ceil asked, sitting at the head table for breakfast. Sebastian replied," There was no profile or missing persons report, but I did find something in her clothes." The butler revealed a purple dagger, one that was most exquisite. "What does this have anything to do with what she is," Ceil questioned, rubbing his head since he has a headache," An assassin?" "No, my lord, we are dealing with a creature that can out power any demon, a creature that can even bend a reaper and angel. She is a royal witch," Sebastian explained, staring at the dagger. He stared at the dagger out of curiosity. Ceil asked," A witch and a royal? This girl seems like the most powerful pawn on the board." Sebastian smirked at his young master's plans. "Oh and my lord, Mr. Trancy has invited you to a costume party," he stated, disgusted at the thought of Faustus. Ceil sighed before reading the invitation. "Gather a costume," he instructed, before leaving the dinning room to his study.
                 Alois and Claude went out shopping for the ball he was to host. He'd gotten mostly everything, but a costume. Alois walked into a shop to see two ladies inside; one he knew as Elizabeth Midford, also known as Ceil's fiancé, the other he had never seen before. "Hello Miss. Midford," he greeted with a smile," will I be seeing you and Ceil at my costume party?" Elizabeth turned to find Alois and his butler behind him. "Oh yes, we are so excited," she answered with a smile. Melissa(Krystal) on the other hand, stood behind Lizzy. She felt quite uncomfortable by the two men, though she doesn't know why. "Will I be seeing your new maid there as well," he questioned, looking over to the girl behind Lizzy. Elizabeth brought Melissa beside her as she said," Actually this is my distant cousin, Melissa Midford, she'll be staying with my family for the time being." Alois held out his hand, hesitantly Melissa took it.
                   "A pleasure to meet you, Miss. Midford," he said, licking her hand(not noticeable to bystanders). Missy's eyes widened at this gesture, but replied calmly," Pleasures all mine." "Well, we must be going, still haven't found a costume yet," Elizabeth stated, noticing the awkwardness. "I'll see you both at the party," Alois said, waving to the two ladies. Once Melissa and Elizabeth left the shop, Alois turned to his butler. He demanded," Find anything you can about Melissa Midford; after we are done shopping." "Of course, your highness," Claude replied, bowing. Meanwhile, Melissa and Elizabeth went to a different costume shop. "Elizabeth, who were those two? I mean who are they to you," Missy questioned, looking at different costumes. Lizzy replied," Acquaintances; more so to Ceil than me, but whoever is friends with Ceil is friends with me."
                  Melissa nodded until one costume caught her eye. It was a simple dress, but unique at the same-time. The costume was that of a witch. It had a broom, a black pointy hat, a black choker, and a simple black dress. Missy grabbed the costume and stared at it before looking in the mirror. Something about this costume makes her feel whole. "Missy! What do you think about this dress," Elizabeth asked, spinning around in a princess outfit with a crown on. Melissa smiled at her friend as she commented," You look very pretty Lizzy; it suits you well." Elizabeth blushed before noticing what her friend had in her hands. "Woah, with a bit of sparkle, I think you'll look amazing! You must try it on," Lizzy stated, pushing her friend inside the dressing room. Melissa slowly changed into the dress and choker on. She looked in the mirror, holding the broom and gasped. Missy looked absolutely jaw dropping and she finally felt at home in this dress. She put her hair up before stepping out of the dressing room.
               Elizabeth was talking to an employee and hadn't noticed her friend walked out. Missy stuttered," H-How do I look?" Lizzy and the employee both turned around and gasped. "You look beautiful," Elizabeth answered, standing next to her friend in the mirror," not one person is not going to look your way." "Thanks Lizzy," Melissa replied, holding her friends hand. The employee came up behind them and said," Excuse me, Miss, I was wondering if you would like these? They match your outfit perfectly." Melissa saw long fingerless black gloves the employee was suggesting. She slipped the gloves on and looked in the mirror. The gloves made the whole outfit perfectly. "We are taking both of these," Elizabeth declared before we both changed. Missy walked with Elizabeth to the cash register and realized she hadn't any money. Melissa asked," Lizzy, are you sure you want to pay for me? I don't have any money." "Of course! You don't need to pay me back; it's a treat for both of us," she answered, paying for both of the dresses. Missy instantly hugged Elizabeth. She said," Thank you! You are way too kind; I swear one day I will pay you back!" With that said, Missy and Lizzy went back to their home, excited about the ball to come.
             The golden eyed butler, Claude, searched and searched for clues on Melissa Midford, but there wasn't any. It was as if the girl didn't exist. What exactly was she? Who was she? He needs to find answers and he'll find them, at the ball.