Going Back

Krystal's P.O.V:
              "I'm sorry," I whispered, staring downwards," I would love to stay here, but I need to go back into my time. I don't belong here." There was only silence, everyone stared off with solemn faces. "I'll leave today, so I won't hurt any of you by staying any longer," I stated, slowly walking away. No one moved to stop me as I left the awkward dinning room. My heart was pounding while I packed some of my things away, not realizing that I was crying. My heart says stay, but my mind says go. I stopped placing the things I had in the trunk when I saw a dress that I wore to one of the balls. I shakily sighed before I walked away from the room I used to call mine. The things that I was packing away weren't mine, I didn't pay for them nor were they given to me, so I shouldn't take them on my time traveling journey.
                I went into the nearby woods and started the ritual to travel (minus the forgetting spell). I finished quite quickly since there weren't any interruptions or distractions. I don't know how long I just stared at the portal, wondering if anyone was going to stop me or try to convince me. I heard rustling from a nearby shrubbery, only to find a baby deer. I shook my head, realizing they weren't going to stop me. I stepped through the portal into my home. I looked around to see everything where it was when I left. I grabbed one of the home phones, about to call Ashley, but stopped myself. I took a deep breath, placing the phone down, and walking to my bathroom taking a long bath.
                    My thoughts continued to race, wondering why they didn't stop me or convinced me other wise. I probably would have still left, knowing that I could potentially disrupt the timeline, but I'd feel quite touched if one of them did. I shook my head trying to get rid of my thoughts. Suddenly, I heard footsteps from within my home. I slowly stood up from the soapy tub and wrapped a towel around myself. I peeked through the door to see myself???!!!! I placed my hand to my mouth to keep me from screaming. I must have portaled to the wrong time period. The past me didn't look in my direction or even got close. She walked up the stairs, not aware of my presence.
               I silently thanked my past self for not going in here as I dressed myself quickly. I placed a silent charm on the drain, so my past self won't hear the tub draining. I was about to leave my hiding place when my past self came back. I wondered how I could leave when I mentally face-palmed, teleporting into my garage. I took a shaky deep breath before I tried the portal spell again. I didn't hesitate walking through it, teleporting into my home once again. I waited in a closet for a couple of hours, peeking through every now and then. I slowly came out of the closet, being as quiet as I could. I was in my bedroom so I checked the calendar to see that I was in the same time period that I had originally left. I searched the house high and low, to make sure no other surprises were waiting for me.
                'Everything was back to normal,' I thought as I knocked on wood. I decided at this time to call Ashley, hopefully she won't freak out as much as I think. "Hey, Ash? Its Krystal," I greeted on the phone, once she picked up. "Do you think this is funny?! Who are you? How do you know Krystal," Ashley asked, cruelly. I replied confused," Ashley? What do you mean?? I am Krystal, if you don't believe me, come to my house." Ashley remained silent and didn't answer as I heard the sound, letting me know she hung up. I sighed putting the phone away as I decided to make some dinner. I made a bit extra in case Ashley wanted some and I set the table.
                 I didn't get any warning as someone slammed my door opened. I turn to see the very person I called, Ashley. She stared at me in shock, not moving an inch. "Um, aren't you going to sit down," I questioned, tilting my head. Before I could say or do anything, Ashley slapped me and gave me a hug. I blinked several times while I said," You are giving me mixed signals." "I thought you were dead," she stated, tightening her grip on me as if she let go I would disappear. I replied," I'd do the same thing. Please, sit down, I have loads to tell you." Ashley nodded, sitting across from me. "I made your favorite, to calm you down. You seemed pretty weirded out on the phone," I stated with a small smile. Ashley thanked me as we had dinner and I talked about my adventures.