MD 27 - YOU BELIEVE IN DESTINY?

CHASE POV

"This story is about Lei and Dre."

Upon hearing what our story was all about, there's only one thing that came to my mind: I want to drag Kaiden back to his seat! And maybe a little bit of beating. Okay, two things perhaps.

What the hell?

"...and a girl named Shaye," he added.

My forehead puckered. Who the hell is Shaye?

"Lei and Dre were best friends—brothers even but sadly they decided to part ways. They became each other's mortal enemy. Then came Shaye, a new girl in their school. She is sweet, nice, beautiful, and tough. She doesn't allow anyone to bully her. She fights for what she believes. A personality that caught Lei's attention."

You are so dead, Kaiden!

"A personality that annoyed Dre. The Leader, The Unruly and The Warfreak."

"Now this is interesting," Kenji leaned on his chair.

"Lei and Dre don't talk to each other. They treat each other as if they don't exist. Dre and Shaye argue. A lot!"

Johan laughed. "Part 2 pala to eh!"

"Sira! The other side of the story yan," gatong ni Dustin.

"Sshhh...manahimik nga kayo! Kaabang-abang 'yong story. Parang teleserye lang," sita ni Niko sa kanila.

Kaiden continued, "Lei always stops them from making more arguments. Shaye is tough but she has a weak side. Dre always argues with her but careful enough not to hurt her. Lei punishes them but always on the lookout for them. How will these three people change each other's lives?"

My ever reliable friend continued his masterpiece and the class listened attentively. Kasi nga naman para a kanila part two. The fvck! Why did I even let him do the activity on his own? Kaya pala sinabi niyang huwag na kon tumulong. May momentum-momentum pa siyang nalalaman!

"It's a great story right, class?" Sir Balmeo asked.

"Yes, sir," the class answered, except for some of us. My group and Lucas' to be specific.

The story revolved around Lei and Dre's story, and how the girl reconnected them. And yeah, I agree, it's a nice story...but far from reality. 

Obvious naman kung sino ang tinutukoy ni Kaiden. But that's all that it is—a story. A fiction. Something that won't ever happen. Ang mga taong pinagbasehan ni Kaiden ng characters niya ay nasa reyalidad. At 'pag nasa reyalidad ka, hindi gano'n kasimple ang mga bagay-bagay. Lalo na ang dalawang tinutukoy niya. I'm just not sure about the female character. But for Lei and Dre? I don't see the end of the tunnel.

So, yeah, I might give Kaiden some beating.

"Akala ko talaga mamamatay si Shaye," Hailey commented.

"Baka pag nangyari 'yon mag-away ulit sila." One of our classmates said.

"What do you think is the moral lesson of the story, class?"

Niko raised his hand.

"Yes, Niko?"

"Always treasure a friendship because as Shaye said, it's hard to find."

"Yes, Johan?"

"One man's trash is another man's treasure. Drei and Lei threw something that Shaye wanted."

"Sweet chaos," Yesha mumbled.

It was almost incomprehensible, parang kinausap lang niya sarili niya.

"Yesha were you saying something?" Our lec pressed.

"Chopseuy, sir."

"What about chopseuy?"

"The moral of the story is like a chopseuy. You mix different ingredients that don't seem to fit or complement each other. But it turned out to be superb. Just like Dre, Lei, and Shaye. They have different personalities and beliefs. They are proof that even the most different people who don't seem to agree with anything can create the best friendship one could ever wish for."

Kaiden smiled at her. Looks like she got what he's trying to convey.

"Are you saying that the story can happen in reality?" I inquired. Well, I'm still part of that output. Kahit wala akong tinulong. Siguro naman pwede akong magtanong.

"Nothing is impossible, Chase. Don't you think? I don't know if a certain Dre and Lei really exist but I hope that even without Shaye's help they can still find in their hearts to fix their friendship. It may take time, but fate is fate. What's meant to happen, will happen."

"You believe in destiny?"

She smiled, a genuine one. "Don't you? If I were you, I would."

Elli faked a cough. "Parang ibang destiny ata ang tinutukoy mo, Yesh."

She looked at her best friend, then chuckled. "Malay mo naman maniwala siya sa destiny na tinutukoy ko."

My gaze shifted between them. What destiny are they talking about? May iba pang ibig sabihin ang destiny maliban sa mga nasa dictionary?

"Do you want him to believe?" Ellie asked.

Yesh's gaze darted on me. She tilted her head sideways as if thinking hard about her friend's inquiry. Her eyes bore into mine and for the first time, I didn't avoid. I fearlessly met her gaze.

A couple of seconds passed when she smiled again, her gaze still on mine. And that's all she did—smile. She didn't answer Ellie's question.

But I'd like to think that that sweet smile of hers was her answer.