MD 32 - THE SAME PAGE

| LUCAS LEDESMA |

Napatingin sa akin si Yesha sa tanong ko. Hindi kasi niya alam na dinagdagan ko 'yong sinulat niya. No'ng binasa ko kasi 'yong ginawa niya, masyadong malungkot. Masyadong mabigat/ Kaya naisipan kong gawan ng katuloy.

"Second part?" Sir Balmeo asked.

"Yes sir. There was a second part attached to it."

"Oh that. I thought it was a draft. Wait, I put it somewhere... here it is." Kinuha niya ang isang papel sa dala niyang folder sa ka inabot kay Yesh na nakatayo pa rin sa harap.

"I'll read the second part, Sir." I briskly walked in front and told Yesha to go back to her seat. Hinintay ko munang maupo siya bago mag-umpisang ituloy ang kwento.

Yana picked up Bear and hugged it tight while crying. When she stopped crying, she saw another envelope on the bed where she picked Bear up. She opened the envelope and saw another letter.

Whenever you miss me
You don't need to search far
Just look inside your heart
It is where I'll always be

Jane could have used her wish for herself, but she didn't. She used it for her friend. Realizing that, Yana finally smiled while holding the heart necklace Jane left for her as she whispered, "That one wish won't be wasted, Jane. Thank you."

Pagkatapos kong basahin ang second part tiningnan ko si Yesha. She was looking at me with a furious face. Kung bakit? Hindi ko rin alam.

"Yes, you're right," I stated while looking at her sad eyes. It was hard staring at her but I gathered all the courage I had to do so. "Not everyone will stay but that doesn't mean they don't want to. Sometimes, sa sobrang pagmamahal nila sa 'yo mas pinipili nila ang buhay mo kaysa sa buhay nila. For you, they didn't stay but for them, it's a choice. A choice to be happy."

"A choice to be happy, Lucas?" she asked, voice laced with pain. "Paano sila magiging masaya eh nawala sila?!"

"Because you're still here. Because you are his happiness," I answered calmly. "As long as you're okay, they're happy."

She stilled, but her gaze didn't leave mine. And I didn't shy away, too. I want to let her feel that I was serious. Dahil seryoso naman talaga ako. I had my fair share of losing someone. And it was painful beyond words but, I know that wherever she is right now, she wants me to be happy. Always. It wasn't easy going over the loss but... I was able to because I have someone with me. Someone who stayed beside me.

Kusa akong napaghinto sa naisip. Tahimik na lang akong bumalik sa upuan ko. I glanced at Yesha and I can't help but think why she was hurting so much. Now that I thought about it, on the outside, I'm mad. But the truth is, inside, I'm dying in pain. Ang sakit na 'yong taong tumulong sa 'yo no'n, siya rin pala ang taong mananakit sa 'yo ngayon.

My gaze lingered on Yesha. Maybe... just maybe... we're on the same page.

| CHASE ALCANTARA |

I hate to say this but that second part saved the story. It tackled friendship, choices, sacrifice, love, and happiness all at the same time.

It was also the first time na walang nasabi si Yesha sa argument nila ni Lucas. But somehow, I saw the old Lucas. 'Yong may malasakit sa ibang tao. Needless to say, he added that part for her. He wanted to convey that not everyone just leaves you. Na may dahilan ang lahat. At kadalasan, ang dahilan na 'yon ay para sa kapakanan mo.