Delights & Fights

Walking arm and arm down a few doors. We reach a glistening, glimmering black door. The outside of the club is covered in pine roping and warm white lights with black and white striped red bows. He opens the door for me. There is breezy and mellow jazz music playing. The acoustics in the room are inviting, not overdone. There are several people inside. Sitting, standing, drinking, and lost in conversation. As we walk in, all eyes turn on to us. I look towards the back where there is a live jazz band playing. People dancing and lots of people watching. But most eyes are on Tom. They recognize him, Though they allow him to just go about his evening.

  We are led to a sitting area; we sit side by side again. We get lost watching lovers; couples dance melodically. A cocktail waitress comes by with complimentary drinks—beautiful stemmed champagne glass with a puff of pink cotton candy and glittery edible rose petals. I took a sip; it was magic. It was Rosè Champagne with a hint of floral and sweetness. He was given a pint of dark espresso flavored ale with a touch of chocolate, which he seemed to enjoy very much.

   I ask him to dance with me. He obliges tenderly. He takes me to the dance floor, and we sway and glide like palm trees on a beach. He's holding my hand close to his heart. He leans into my ear. " I have something I wanna tell you." He says softly, " But not here." He says. He seems a bit distracted. He isn't as attentive as he has been. Perhaps this is what he does, I thought to myself. He brings his women here. Maybe he thinks I will be uncomfortable if we should run into one. He obviously doesn't know me that well as my thoughts ran away me. I will say I became a bit perturbed because I felt he's got secrets, and now he wants to tell me something that he simply cannot tell me here. Right now!

   I asked him more than once to share with me. But he denied me each time. As the song ends, I cut off his lead and head back to our table, where we were seated as Tom follows behind me. When we arrive at the table, Charlie and a few other gallant fellows join us. I gulp my champagne, a no-no. But I did it anyway.

Lost in conversation, Tom was, I know he's familiar with these people, under any other circumstance, I would be ok with it. But for so reason tonight I wasn't. I thought tonight was just about us. However, I did want to show off this sensationally fabulous gown. I got impatient waiting for the waitress, so I headed to the bar to order. The place was starting to fill up with more and more people. I proceeded to order another glass of "Field of Roses." The bartender doesn't miss a beat. Serving me with a smile and a wink. Just then, I feel a hand glide on my arm. " Excuse me!"

  The acoustics in the lounge was getting louder, with a smile on my face, thinking to myself ah, he's back to me. But as I lean in to get my footing around the crowd building, again, I hear his voice; it was deep but American. I turned to see a very tall, handsome, dapperly dressed man. " I got this round; he grinned brightly. He was very sexy; his smile and his eyes immediately entranced me. He leans in closer to my ear, hair slightly brushing against mine. " I would love to dance with you?" He asked sensually. His eyes once again caught me completely off guard. " I saw you a little while ago on the dance floor. I like the way you move, very natural. Are you a dancer?" He says loud enough that I didn't have to ask him. What? Or Excuse me? One more time. " I took some ballroom back when," I said, flirting for sure. I completely forgot myself; I blame the champagne. It was now my third glass.
" Ahhh, no wonder," he said with such an intense smile. I agreed to a dance, for I just had to put my rose petal champagne on our table.