Bonjour Monsieur

That night I almost slept through the soirée; I think I had delayed jet lag. I popped a few little helpers. Drank an entire bottle of smart water and got myself dressed for the evening. It wasn't a fancy evening. It was dress to impress but black tie optional. I had a lovely dress, red that I slipped on over my nude nylon back seamed stockings with high heel ballet slippers. Satin Ribbon mixed with tulle floated up to my ankles like ivy on a tree. Hair damp, long straight, and slicked back. Red lipstick, and I felt like a Nymph. I headed out the door a bit past 10 pm. Within moments of arriving at my destination, I got to delight in a spectacular reunion with friends I had not seen in a year and or years. I sipped several delicious glasses of red wine throughout the evening. I was happy, I was laughing again, and I was enjoying the great company I was amongst. Once and a while, I would look around, and I would be reminded of Tom, get lost in thought for a few moments. Then bring myself back to the conversation. We took so many photos, had so many fantastic laugh out loud side-splitting moments. I so needed this.

Eventually, the party cleared out, and 6 of us found our way into a charming Alice in Wonderland type bistro. We ordered pretty much the entire menu and more after dinner munchie libations. Occasionally I would be asked about Tom since they were all so curious that I came without Martone and Loren. I answered delicately and without giving to much information. Because honestly, I had no idea where we stood at that point. Several drinks, giggles, and courses later. They walked me a few blocks to my hotel. We said our goodnights, and I headed to the small coffee bar to make myself a nice tall cup of strong hot coffee. I had a lot of writing and work to do, and I work best late at night.

As I walked through the lobby to the lift. The lift operator closed the gate behind me. I wished me good evening, pressed 17 on the board, and once again, I appreciated the detail each person in this hotel has shown thus far. I had to text my assistant to thank him for picking such a fabulous place. He was still working when we chatted for a little while.

I hung up the phone with him, and I decided to call Tom. I had a bit to drink, and I was feeling overly confident. Mainly I had my pick of what man or woman I wanted to accompany me back to my hotel. Many compliments and offerings to show me the world were made. But I just wasn't into it at all. My hands were shaking as I hit dial; it made funny clicking noises to a pre-recorded message. That the phone was no longer in service. I tried Skyping, no answer; I sent texts to a different number, no response. It was then I got so emotional looking at a photograph we took at his house upstate. We looked so happy; I looked so in love. I sat there and sobbed for what seemed like forever. Suddenly there was a knock at my hotel door. I was still dressed, so I looked out the peephole to see a young man in a hotel uniform holding a giant box with a giant blue glittery velvet bow. I opened the door without hesitation. " Madame Bleùbelle, this arrived a few short moments ago."  I kindly tipped him and thanked him as he placed this massive box on the table in the living room. Attached to the bow is a card, "My darling Muse Harlow, My sincerest apologies this is arriving the day of. But after seeing you this evening, I had to make some changes. May I tempt you to wear it tomorrow evening at the party. I would be humbled for it is a one of a kind l, like you, we shall call it Noir lace Bombshell. Always my beauty, always, - Mugler " written on his so outrageous card with his initials TM as I pulled this bedazzling noir lace straight long dress. Holding it up to me, it just hit my ankles. I do hope it fits; I try it on immediately. Mugler has been my favorite aside from Galliano. Their designs are like storybook pages. As I glide it up to my skin, my nylons still on. It has a very high and very sexy slit up the right side. Goes all the way up to the middle of my thigh. The dress is entirely sheer other then the lace appliqué applies in all the right places. It feels heavenly on, and the fabric is like a dreamy day lost in a field of tulips. No changes are needed. It fits perfectly; I would wear it to bed. It is that mystical. What creation!