Chapter 5

The music is for later                          

" What you saw at Asgorath is no surprise. Some months ago Saxons began raiding our villages, they're rounding up all the men they can find and taking them to Ismere." Annis told Arthur and Aria.

" To raise an army" Aria guessed

Annis shook her head

"People say Morgana is tearing the citadel apart," Annis said

" why?" Arthur asked looking confused.

" She must be searching for something, I dare not think what" Annis frowns.

" Then my men may still be alive,"  Arthur said relieved.

Aria sighed in relief, hoping that her friends were indeed alive.

" Yes, there's every chance," Annis reassured the siblings before noticing Merlin and Violet come over to fill Aria's and Arthur's goblets with wine.

" I think its time for some entertainment, I would love to see your fool preform. Given all his failings, he must have some skills" Annis said smiling while looking at Merlin causing Aria, Violet and Arthur to turn and look at him as well.

" You'd think so wouldn't you?"  Arthur wondered teasingly

" You heard the Queen, jump to it" Aria ordered teasingly with a smirk on her face.

Merlin leaned down to whisper in Arthur's ear but loud enough for Aria and Violet to hear.

" I'm not a fool " Merlin whispered

" That's debatable" Arthur shot back taking a drink from his goblet.

Aria and Violet starting sniggering but tried to hide it when Merlin glared at them both playfully before he turned back to Arthur.

" And I don't have any skills" Merlin whispered again desperately trying to get out of performing.

Arthur placed his goblet on the table and turned to whisper to Merlin

" I know that, but we can't refuse the Queen when she's granted us safe passage, can we?" Arthur said

Violet took the jug of wine out of Merlin's hands and placed it on the table, along with the one she was holding, in front of Aria who as smirking mischievously.

Aria started clapping and Arthur and Violet joined in. Soon the entire hall was clapping and waiting for the entertainment to begin.

Merlin smiled nervously before turning his back to the hall. His eyes glowed gold for a second as he cast a quick spell.
He turned back around and walked to an open space with 3 eggs in his hands. He bowed to the hall before he then started juggling the eggs with one hand then two.

Arthur looked shocked and utterly confused. Aria just laughed at her brother's expression and turned back to look at Merlin.

Violet, who was standing next to Aria's chair, was clapping joyfully and laughing alongside the young princess.

Merlin threw an egg behind his back at caught it with one hand causing the audience to cry out in excitement and clap louder. Even Queen Annis laughed in amusement.

Merlin then stated juggling four eggs before he hid them behind him. He took his hands out from behind his back to show that the eggs had vanished.

Everyone clapped and cheered, pleased with the entertainment.

Queen Annis then turned to look at Aria who was still laughing at Arthur's still confused face.

" Arianna" Annis said causing the young girl's attention to avert from her brother to the Queen.