Chapter 54

Aria woke up to the sun shrining straight into her eyes. She opened her eyes and immediately squinted as the sun streaming through the window blinded her. The confusion was all over her face. She didn't recognize where she was. She sat up and looked around the room. She was laying on a bed with dark covers.

Aria gasped in fright when she felt something nudge against her hand. She looked down and saw a pure white dragon sitting there staring up at her with curious eyes. Aria hesitantly reached her hand out and held in front of the dragon. The dragon sniffed her hand before resting its face in her palm causing Aria to smile and begin to pet the dragons head.

As Aria was petting the dragon she failed to notice someone watching her.

Morgana stood leaning against the wall with a smile on her face as she watched Aria interact with Aithusa.

"He seems to like you", Morgana said gaining Aria's attention.

Aria glanced up at her sister before back down at the dragon.

" what's his name?" She asked

"Aithusa" Morgana replied

"Hello, Aithusa" Aria smiled at the dragon who gave a friendly roar at the young princess.

Aria then looked back at her sister. "What happened? Where am I?"

"You're in my fortress."

"Why? Why did you take me?"

"So I can protect you"

"From what?" Aria demanded

Morgana hesitated "... It doesn't matter.  You here now and you're safe.  "

"How long have I been out?" Aria wondered

"A couple of days"

Aria's eyes widened as the memories of the night she almost ran away came flooding back. She and Mordred were in the glade, Kara had been set free and then Morgana had appeared.

Aria scrambled off the bed in a sudden panic. "Oh no, I need to get home. Arthur's gonna be worried sick."

Aria headed straight for the door but Morgana grabbed her arm stopping her leaving. "I'm sorry, but I can't let you leave. Not this time"

"Morgana, I'm serious, I need to get home. Arthur's probably thrown Mordred in the dungeons and I need to talk some sense into him"

"Aria. " Morgana said firmly, removing her hand from Aria's arm and stood directly in front of her, getting agitated. " You are not going back to Camelot. "

But Aria wasn't backing down.

"Morgana, I'm serious. Let me go" Aria demanded

Morgana shook her head " You can't go back to Camelot. Not anymore..."

Aria looked at her older sister confused "What do you mean?"

When Morgana didn't answer, Aria got annoyed

"Morgana, what did you do?!" Aria demanded

Morgana sighed " I found a spellbook in your bag. There was a spell in that book that was able to create exact copies of things. Even people. I used that spell to make a copy of you and sent it back to Camelot."

Aria gasped realising that Morgana had taken her mother's journal. The only thing she had left of her mother.

Morgana then walked over to a water basin that was in the corner of the room.

"Come" Morgana gestured Aria over.

Aria walked over and peered into the water as Morgana incanted a spell while gently running her fingers over the water surface.  When Morgana finished the spell and her eyes glowed gold, Aria saw an image appear.