Chapter 52

Mordred and Aria had come up with a plan to rescue Kara and get her out of Camelot. They both knew that they would be in huge trouble but just as Aria promised she would save Kara's life no matter the cost.

Even if it meant never seeing her brother again.

Mordred was planning on leaving with Kara once they got her out of Camelot.

And Aria was going with them.

_________________________________________

In her dark fortress, Morgana lay on her bed asleep. Her messy, tangled dark hair spread out around her head and her pure white dragon, Aithusa, lay on the floor beside her bed also asleep. Morgana was tossing and turning in her sleep, she was having a vision.

Morgana's vision

Somewhere, in the middle of a forest, Mordred was kneeling down next to a stream as he filled up three water skins, his sword by his side. A few feet away Aria was sat on a log with Kara and she was caressing her swollen stomach gently. A beautiful golden band could be seen on her ring finger, shining in the sunlight.

"I say it's going to be a boy " Kara smiled at Aria.

" Well, I say it's a girl. I've always wanted to have a daughter" Aria replied

"What do you think it's going to be, Mordred?" Kara asked her brother as he finished filling up the water skins and walked over to the two women.

"I don't mind what the baby turns out to be as long as it's healthy" Mordred replied placing a kiss on his wife's forehead. Aria smiled up at him before looking lovingly down at her stomach.

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, a group of bandits emerged from behind the trees and attacked the happy trio.

Mordred and Kara fought hard to keep the bandits away from Aria,  trying to protect her and the unborn child. Mordred even used his magic to help him fight.

Aria unsheathed her sword and attempted to defend herself against the bandits that got too close, but being pregnant was making it very difficult for her.

Aria was so focused on fighting off a bandit and trying to protect her stomach, that she didn't notice another bandit sneaking up behind her.

"Aria, look out!" Kara cried but it was too late. As Aria turned around the bandit stabbed her, fatally wounding her. Aria gasped in pain and sunk to the ground clutching her stomach.

Mordred, who had witnessed the whole thing, gave a huge yell of anger and sadness.
"No!" He lost control of his magic and it sent the bandits crashing to the floor, killing them on impact.

Mordred and Kara rushed over to Aria and Mordred placed her head in his lap. Kara took Aria's hand and squeezed it.

"Aria, just hold on. We'll get help. You're going to be just fine." Mordred tried to reassure her and himself.

"Mordred" Aria stained "I..Love..You...."

And just like that, Aria's eyes closed and her breathing stopped.

She was gone.

"No" Mordred whispered shaking Aria in a desperate attempt to take her up, tears pouring down his face and Kara's as she held her friend's limp hand. "No"

"NOOOO!" Mordred yelled in agony

End of vision

Morgana woke with a jolt, breathing heavily and tears rolling down her cheeks.