Chapter 49

Aria hadn't spoken a word to Merlin in weeks. She wasn't angry at him anymore, she just still felt hurt and betrayed that he never told her about who she was. She should've been angry at Mordred at well but she knew it wasn't his decision to keep her in the dark as Merlin had told him not to tell her anything and that just hurt her even more.

______________________________________

It was a cold day in Camelot and Aria was currently on a hunting trip with her brother, Gwaine, Leon, Mordred and Percival. Merlin and Violet had also joined them on the hunt.

"I think it's been a good trip," Arthur said from the front of the group.

"Yeah, we all caught something" Mordred agreed

"Including Merlin" Gwaine added smirking

"What did he catch?" Arthur asked.

" a cold" Merlin grumbled from further back. He had a blanket covering his shoulders and his nose was red and stuffy.

" If you learned to track, you'd enjoy it more," Leon said

Merlin scoffed " I'm the best tracker here"

Suddenly Percival held up his hand for the group to stop. He was looking at something in the distance and dismounted his horse. Arthur and the others followed suit, taking off their cloaks and grabbing their swords.

Percival walked over to something that was sticking out of the ground. He yanked it out and saw that it was an arrow. He turned around and showed the others.

"Is that one of yours?" Arthur asked Aria

Aria walked up to Percival and took the arrow from him. She turned to her brother and shook her head.

" it's not mine" Aria replied.

The group started walking and Merlin quickly came up beside Arthur, whilst loading the crossbow.

"Arthur, what is it?" He asked.

Arthur didn't reply

"A deer?"

Nothing

"A boar?"

Again, Arthur didn't say anything.

"Arthur?" Aria called out from the front of the group. Arthur came and stood beside his sister and looked at the scene in front of him at a loss for words.

"Saxons" Aria muttered

A cart had been toppled over, tipping out its contents and multiple bodies lay still on the forest floor. Some with arrows embedded into their backs.

The group approached the scene not saying anything. Leon knelt down and shut a fallen knight's eyes while Violet placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, staring sadly down at the knight

"They were after the cargo" Arthur realised "weapons bound for Camelot."

"Morgana?" Merlin wondered

"This close to the city walls?" Gwaine questioned

"Check for survives" Arthur ordered

Mordred walked off on his own looking around the wreckage when he saw something move from behind a tree.

The hooded figure knew that they had been spotted and quickly bolted. Mordred rushed after them. The others noticed Mordred's sudden movement and followed him through the forest.

Mordred ran through the trees chasing after the figure and was close to catching them when they tripped and fell, their leg clearly injured.

Mordred turned the figure over to reveal a young girl with dark brown hair and eyes that were similar to Mordred's. Mordred stared at the girl wide-eyed. It was his older sister, who he hadn't seen in years.