Chapter 6

Night had fallen and everyone was sitting around the fire eating and laughing.

Violet and Aria were giggling at something before they noticed Merlin sitting all on his own by a small stream, throwing rocks into its murky waters and looking rather upset. Aria nudges Arthur gaining his attention and she nods over towards Merlin.

Arthur gets up and goes to sit beside Merlin, talking to him quietly.

After a few minutes, Arthur and Merlin walk back over to join everyone else by the fire.

_______________________________________

The next morning everyone is packing up and getting ready to continue the journey. But the sound of horses neighing in the distance causes everyone to stop and listen.

All the knights and Violet draw their swords as Aria takes off her cloak and picks up her bow, knocking an arrow.

Through the mist, they can see figures advancing toward the camp.

" We're surrounded" Merlin exclaimed

" We can't stay here" Leon states

Aria gazes at the oncoming figures in the mist with determination in her eyes but then her eyes rest on someone approaching on a pitch black horse and she freezes. The determined look she one held quickly turns to a look of fear and sadness as she realised who it was.

Someone, she once saw and still does see as family.

Morgana Pendragon.

Arthur also notices Morgana approaching.

" Run!" He yelled grabbing Aria's arm snapping her out of her frozen state.

Arthur, still holding onto Aria, takes off running with Merlin, the knights and Violet following.

The Saxons let out a loud battle cry as they start following them.

The group run for a while before their path gets blocked by some of the Saxons and they quickly change direction.

Aria slings her bow over her back before she unsheathes her sword as the Saxons close in on them.

Violet confused on what to do, tries to stay close to Aria.

Aria notices a Saxon approach Arthur from behind as he is busy fighting off another.

Merlin notices also and is about to use magic but Aria gets there first and quickly knocks out the Saxon with her sword. Not realising that Violet had been separated from the princess and was now left on her own, scared and vulnerable.

Arthur turns around to see what happened and is surprised to find Aria fending off another Saxon that tried attacking her.

After Aria is done dealing with the Saxon she smiled shyly at her brother before she notices that Leon got injured fighting someone while trying to protect Violet, who was behind him, on the floor with her sword kicked out of reach. The man that Leon was fighting then advances on a terrified Violet who started backing away whilst still on the ground.

"Leon! Violet!" Aria shouts in worry causing Arthur to spin round and notice that Leon and Violet were in trouble.

Aria attempts to run to her friends and help but is stopped as more Saxons block her path and she is forced to fight them.
Arthur also starts fighting his way over to Leon and Violet.

Arthur manages to reach Leon and Violet much faster than his sister and starts fighting the man that injured Leon.

Whilst Arthur is fighting the man that attacked Leon and Violet, he gets hit in the back and fell to the ground hard.