Chapter 63

A few days had passed since Mordred had purposed to Aria and the entire kingdom was filled with excitement for when the day for them to be married finally arrived.

In the castle, Aria and Mordred had had a busy past few days planning everything for the wedding which was planned to take place next week.

Aria already had her gown picked out with the help of Gwen, Morgana, Violet and Ella.
Now Aria was on the hunt the four essential things every bride needed.

Something old,
Something new,
Something borrowed,
And something blue.

She already had something new, and that was her new wedding dress and engagement ring and Morgana had gladly lent Aria a blue gemmed bracelet. So that's three out of four.

Despite wanting to find something old to wear at her wedding, Aria had one question that was constantly going round and round in her head and there was only one person she knew who give her the answers she was after.

For years Aria had wondered about her mother, who is she? What she was like? Did she take after her in any way?

Yes, Aria now knew her mother's name was Rose and that she practised magic but that was only because of the spellbook Aria had that belonged to her mother and the note she found from her warning her of the future dangers but that was just about it.

She was wearing her pretty pink dress with her hair slightly pulled back.

Aria stood outside Gaius' chambers for a minute

Aria stood outside Gaius' chambers for a minute. She then took a deep breath and knocked on the door before opening the door. 

"Gaius?" Aria called out peering her head round the door.

"Over here, my lady " Gaius replies from his workbench where he was busy making remedies.

Aria walked in, shutting the door behind her, and made her way over to Gaius.

"What can I help you with, my dear?" Gaius asked turning away from his work.

"I wanted to ask you something, Gaius because I know that you're the most likely to know," Aria replied nervously playing with her skirt.

"Of course, whatever you wish to know"

".... Who was my mother?"

Gaius looked slightly taken back by the question before he sighed. "I should've guessed you'd be asking that question at some point." Gaius turned behind him and pulled out a stool for him to sit on.

"I suppose I should start at the beginning." Gaius gestured for Aria to sit down as well and she did so, looking at Gaius with child-like curiosity.

"When I first met Rose, your mother, she was a young sorceress, much like you. She used her powers for good and even performed miracles. "

Aria lent forward in anticipation, a look of wonder on her face.