Chapter 19

It was a warm, sunny day in Camelot and Aria thought she'd spend the morning practising her archery in the training fields to help clear her mind after the whole Uther problem. 

Dressed in a simple green dress.

With her hair flowing behind her, Aria stood in the training field, firing arrow after arrow

With her hair flowing behind her, Aria stood in the training field, firing arrow after arrow. Each one just a few centimetres from the bullseye and Aria was becoming frustrated.

The previous night Princess Mithian arrived at the castle with her servant, Hilda, who Aria thought looked strangely familiar and felt like she'd met her somewhere before but she just couldn't remember where or when she'd met her.

Aria knocked another arrow, aimed and fired at the target once again just missing the bullseye. She let out a frustrated sigh as she lowered her bow. Ever since her father's ghost attacked her she'd become extremely paranoid. Every bump in the night, every very loud bang or harsh gust of wind would cause her to jump.

Her nightmares had also started to haunt her dreams again. It was the same dream over and over again. A fiery plane with numerous bodies of Camelot knights laying in the dead, dry grass. A raven cawing noisily on top of an abandoned helmet. A voice continuously echoing
" Eyes blue as the sky, hair of sunshine gold, only Nerys can prevent what is foretold". Aria had no idea what it meant or who Nerys was and she planned to talk to Gaius later that day.

Aria was so focused on her archery that she didn't notice Mordred watching her from the sidelines with a smile on his face.

" Would you like some help?"

Aria jumped when she heard Mordred speaking as he walked up to her. Mordred smiled apologetically when she jumped.

" I'm usually really good at archery but I've just had a lot on my mind recently" Aria sighed as she took her stance again

" Here," Mordred said placing his hands over Aria's to help guide her aim.

" Ready?" Mordred asked

Aria nodded.

"... And. Release"

Aria let her arrow fly and it hit the target dead centre. She let out a surprised laugh as she lowered her bow once again.

" How did you?.." Aria turned to look at Mordred and noticed how close their faces were "...Thank you"

" Your welcome. Why were you so frustrated in the first place?"

Aria sighed and looked away, debating whether to tell him or not. Mordred placed a finger under Aria's chin and gently turned her head so she was looking at him again.

" It's alright, Aria. You can tell me anything, you know that. " Mordred said gently caressing Aria's cheek.

Aria sighed through her nose " I've been having nightmares again"