Chapter 13

Down in the training grounds, Arthur was duelling against Elyan while the other knights stood and watched.

Aria was standing on the sidelines watching Arthur fight, with Merlin and Violet by her side

" Remember, you don't have to win. Just hold your own against him for a few minutes and you'll be a knight" Merlin said to Aria, adjusting her armour a little.

"I know that, and I know this isn't going to be easy. But I'm certain, that in the end, it'll be worth it" Aria, said determined

Violet put a hand on Aria's shoulder.

"Give it your all Aria, no holding back"

" Wasn't planning on it" Although they couldn't see her face, Merlin and Violet could hear the smirk in her voice. "Violet, I think you've got an admirer," Merlin said

Violet followed Merlin's gaze and saw that Leon was staring at her rather than focusing on the fight.

When he realised that Violet was staring back at him, he quickly averted his eyes and continued to watch the fight, his cheeks were slightly red.

" Aww, how sweet" Aria whispered but due to the echoey helmet she was wearing, Violet heard her perfectly and playfully glared at her making Aria giggle.

" Okay, that'll do for today. Well done" Arthur dismissed the knights as he helped Elyan up off the ground the knights walked off to different spots around the field.

"Here's your chance. Go for it." Merlin whispered to Aria.

Aria took a deep breath in and walked over to Arthur who was placing his sword in the rack. He looked up as Aria approached and gave her a confused look. He didn't know it was Aria underneath the helmet.

" Yes?" He asked her

The other knights had stopped what they were doing and watched, curious and confused as to who this stranger was.

" I wish to take the trial to become a knight, my lord" Aria tried to make her voice as deep as possible without sounding fake.

" You do, do you?" Arther questioned

" Yes, Arth-my lord " Aria answered bowing, almost saying Arther and blowing the whole operation.

Arthur suddenly tried to punch Aria in the chest but she quickly jumped back and dodged it.

" you've got quick reflexes, what's your name?"

Aria was silent for a minute trying to think of a fake name.

"...Peter, my lord."

" take off your helmet, Peter, I want to see what my potential new knight looks like" Arthur demanded.

Aria froze and from they were standing so did Violet and Merlin.

" I would rather I take off my helmet once I've completed my challenge my lord "Aria replied quickly

Arthur and the other knights looked at her weirdly.

"In that case how about a deal? You'll face me later this afternoon and once you've done your challenge, succeeded or failed, you'll remove your helmet. Deal?" Arthur stuck out his hand for Aria to shake.

" As long as you give me your word that if I succeed you will knight me, sire?"

Arthur looked at Aria strangely again but thought nothing of it

" You have my word" and with that Aria shook Arthur's hand. Aria was grinning from ear to ear underneath her helmet.

____________________________________