Chapter 31

Arthur, Merlin and the knights were almost to the dark tower. They were walking across the blazing hot sandy plain surrounding the tower.

Tired, Percival sat down on the sand. Arthur and the others turned to look at him.

" We can't afford to rest," Arthur told him

" I'm alright" Percival replied.

The others started walking again and Percival eventually catches up.

They were walking along the top of a steep hill when Merlin suddenly slipped and fell down the sandy hill.

" Merlin!" Leon yelled as he and the others tried to catch him.

Merlin fell into the ditch and was almost impaled by a sword sticking out of the sand. There were skeletons of past knights scattered around everywhere.

Merlin got up and climbed back up the hill and Percival held his hand out to help Merlin out.

" We must keep moving"  Arthur commands and they set off again.

_________________________________

In the tower, Aria was sat on the floor with her knees brought to her chest, crying. She just wanted to go home.

Aria's head shot up from her knees when she heard the faint sound of Gwen screaming from her room.

" Gwen! Gwen!" Aria continually yelled in worry as she quickly got up and ran to the door, desperately trying to open it but it was no use. The door remained closed. Aria sank to her knees in despair and began sobbing.

" Aria..." A voice called out

Aria shook her head, she recognised the voice but knew it wasn't really him.

" Aria, look at me" The voice called again.

Aria continued to shake her head and closed her eyes as more tears ran down her cheeks.

" Aria, please. It's me" Aria opened her eyes and saw a ghostly figure of Mordred stood in front of her with his usual kind smile on his face.

" Mordred..." Aria breathed but then quickly shook her head again " No, its not you. It's not you"

" I'm right here, Arianna.  How stupid are you?" Mordred sneered " You really are worthless. Always needing people to do things for you. You're so helpless and weak. Arthur only knighted you because he felt sorry for you. You the worst knight in the kindome, I'm surprised you haven't gotten yourself killed yet"

Aria just continued to cry. This wasn't her Mordred. Mordred never calls her Arianna. Would never be this cruel.

" No wonder your mother left you right after you were born. Because you are a mistake. A disappointment, a weakling. You're useless "

Mordred's words hit Aria like a red hot knife. She knew it wasn't real but the words still hurt.

Mordred started laughing maniacally at her and disappeared. His laughter and hurtful words still echoing throughout the room.

" Useless"

" Disappointment"

" Weakling"

" Stupid"

" A mistake"

Aria couldn't take it any more and she just screamed and cried.

Eventually, Morgana burst into the room and knelt down in front of Aria.

" Hey, it's alright. I'm here." She whispered soothingly as she gently stroked Aria's messy hair.

Aria hugged Morgana and cried into her shoulder. Morgana cherished the fact that she once again got to hold her sister close" I'm here. I've got you, Little Dove. Your alright"