Chapter 20

A while into the ride to rescue Princess Mithian's father, Morgana disguised as Hilda approaches Aria who is lost in thought.

" My lady" Morgana greets bringing Aria back to reality.

" Hilda please, call me Aria" She smiled at Hilda not knowing that she was actually her older sister that she so dearly missed.

" Alright then, Aria. I couldn't help but notice the beautiful cloak you wore last night, where did you get it?" Morgana asked already knowing the answer but she just wanted to hear Aria say it.

" Oh, my sister gave it to me when I was only a child" Aria answered sadly as she remembered the day Morgana had given Aria her cloak.

After hearing Aria mention Morgana, Merlin started listening to the conversation from on his horse behind the two ladies.

" You're close with your sister?" Morgana asked again

" I was "  Aria answered shortly.

Merlin and Morgana frowned

" It must have been difficult for you when Morgana left"

Aria smiled sadly at the maid. " Yes, it was. And I miss her, more than I can say" Aria looked down her hands sadly as she tried to hold back the tears threatening to fall from her eyes as she thought of the day that Morgana turned her back on Camelot, on her own family.

"Even after everything she's done, you still care for her?" Hilda asked Aria surprised

Aria nodded" Morgana is my sister, my family. Nothing in this world could ever change that. I just wish she would realise how much everyone misses her and she would finally come home"

Morgana was now even more shocked at her sister's confession. " How can you miss her so much and wish for her to return when your brother seems to have lost all hope?"

" I don't really know why I'm still hoping" Aria answered looking at Hilda with tears on the brink of falling.

" but the truth is, unlike Arthur, I'm still holding on to the memories we shared when I was a child. When Morgana was happy and so full of light and kindness. I guess sometimes you never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory"

Merlin had a small sad smile on his face listening to Aria's words.

Morgana was now also holding back tears. She had never realised how much she meant to her little sister or how much Aria meant to her. She thought Aria hated her and didn't miss her at all but it turns out it was the complete opposite.

" I'm sure that she misses you as much as you miss her"

The horses then began to slow down and Aria was thinking over Hilda's words as she wiped the tears from her eyes and climbed off Majesty.

Merlin kindly helped Princess Mithian off her horse and he noticed the burn mark around her wrist.

" How did you get that?" He asked concerned

" I..." Mithian hesitated

Morgana was now off her horse and was making her way over to the two. She had wiped eyes of the tears that had been threatening to fall during her talk with Aria.

" I was bound by Odin's men" Mithian lied
" before I escaped"

Merlin looked confused and suspicious at the two women.
" I'm sorry, I didn't realize that"

" It's a very painful memory" Morgana glared at Merlin " I'm sure she'd rather not dwell on it"

" of course, I understand." Merlin then walked off