Chapter 45

It was the dead of night and in a dark, misty forest, the man known as Alator was currently running for his life. He could hear dogs barking as Morgana's soldiers chased him, with their weapons drawn. Alator ran faster and faster through the mist not realising more men approaching from in front of him. Among the men stood Morgana in her usual black dress and her hood up.

Morgana used her magic to make the ground explode around Alator casing the man to stumble and fall. Morgana's men quickly caught up with him and hurled him up onto his knees, restraining him as Morgana approached him smirking triumphantly.

"I was hoping for more of a challenge" Morgana taunted " There was a time when the name Alator struck fear into the most courageous. His skills of torture was unparalleled. Did you know that?"

"That was nothing to be proud of," Alator replied panting

Morgana just chuckled" What was it you used to say? The victim always talks... Eventually"

"What do you want from me?" Alator demanded

"I would have thought that was obvious. I want you to tell me where Emrys and Nerys are"

"I told you before. Never" Alator refused

Morgana just smirked" I was rather hoping you'd say that"

_________________________________________

Back in Camelot, the courtyard was filled with refugees whose home had been attacked.
Aria, Gaius, Violet and the other knights were trying their hardest to help as many people as they could.

Aria was dressed in her chainmail with her down and unstyled.

Aria and Violet had previously been to the palace kitchens where the cook had kindly given them two baskets full of bread rolls. They were currently passing out the food to the refugees.
Aria had just given a couple of bread rolls to an old man when she noticed a small little girl sitting by the steps all on her own. The little girl couldn't have been more than 6 or 7. She had curly brown hair just below her shoulders and was left down and unstyled. Her eyes were a soft chocolate brown colour. She was wearing an old, worn blue dress and was clutching a ratted teddy bear that was missing an eye.

Aria kneeled down in front of her with a kind, gentle smile.

"Hello, little one" Aria took two rolls out of her basket and offered them to the little girl
" Are you hungry?"

The little girl nodded and hesitantly took the bread rolls from Aria and began eating them.

"Where are your parents?" Aria asked the girl once she was done eating.

"I lost my daddy when I left my home and I lost my mummy when we came here" The girl answered in a small, innocent voice.

"Well, come on then. Let's go find your mummy " Aria stood up and offered her hand to the little girl who just held her small little arms up wanting to be held.

Aria smiled and picked up the little girl, placing her on her hip. The little girl held onto Aria with one arm and clutched her teddy tighter with her other. Aria continued to hand out food to the people and waited for one to recognize the little girl and tell Aria where the little girl's mother was. Finally, a relieved voice sounded over the chatting people and other crying children

"Aurora!"

Aria turned and saw a woman with the same brown hair and eyes as the little girl running towards her.

"Mummy!" The little girl cried reaching out towards the women

"Oh, my darling. Thank you, thank you" Aurora's mother said to Aria as she took her daughter from her and held her close.