Chapter 26

Music is for later

" Merlin and I must go see the king. We'll be back soon, my lady" Gaius gently told Aria who was sat by Mordred's side.

Aria simply nodded not taking the eyes off Mordred for a second. Gaius and Merlin shared a worried look, concerned for the princess before they left the chambers

As soon as the door closed, Aria lent forward to stroke Mordred's cheek gently with the back of her hand. "Please Mordred. Please don't leave me. As cheesy as it sounds, I can't live without you" She quietly said with more tears threatening to fall.

Just then Merlin burst through the door and headed straight for his room. He came back a few minutes later with a bag slung over his shoulder

" Where are you going?" Aria asked standing up from her seat.

" The Disir" Merlin replied and headed for the door.

" Merlin?" Aria called out before he left.

Merlin stopped and turned around to look at the young princess.

" Promise me you'll save him?" She asked

Merlin hesitated when answering.
"....I'll try"

Aria smiled gratefully at Merlin and he left as Gaius was walking in.

Gaius walked over to his workbench and picked up a small bottle with purple liquid before walking over to Aria and held out the bottle to her.

" Here, drink this. It'll help you sleep."

Aria hesitantly took the bottle and just stared at it.

" About that. I've been meaning to tell that I've been having nightmares" Aria informs

Looking concerned, Gaius grabbed another stool, placed it in front of Aria and sat down.

" When did they start?" He asked.

" A couple of weeks ago" Aria replied

Gaius thought for a moment

" And is it the same dream every time?" He questioned

Aria nodded her head

" What happens in these dreams?"

" It's a fiery plane with numerous bodies of Camelot knights laying in the grass. There's a raven cawing noisily on top of an abandoned helmet. And among the dead knights, I could see their faces. Elyan, Gwaine, Percival, Leon and Violet. They were all dead. There's this eerie voice continuously echoing, Eyes blue as the sky, hair of sunshine gold, only Nerys can prevent what is foretold. Gaius, what does this mean?" Aria was almost in tears as she recalled the horrible dream.

Gaius looked slightly alarmed, Merlin had told him how Aria was also known as Nerys.

He placed a comforting hand on Aria's

"They're only dreams Aria. Its nothing to worry about. I'll prepare a sleeping draft to for you" Gaius reassured the girl with a kind smile.

" Thank you, Gaius, " Aria smiled.

Gaius stood up and walked away as Aria hesitantly drank the potion in her hand. The memories of the disgusting potion she drank to see her fathers ghost still fresh in her mind. But this one didn't taste as bad. It was still gross but had a slight flavour of blackberries.

Aria gave the bottle back to Gaius and laid her head on the side of the bed. Her eyes began to feel heavy and they eventually closed and she fell asleep.