Chapter 22

Inside the tomb, Merlin and Aria make their way to the burial chamber and hide in the doorway. They see Percival being held face down against the table, Mithian with tear stains on her face being held by her father, Arthur about to be beheaded by Odin and Morgana strutting around the room with a smirk on her face.

Just as Odin is about to behead Arthur, Merlin starts incanting, kneeling down and slams his hand onto the rocky floor while his eyes glow gold.

There was a sudden earthquake due to Merlin's magic and parts of the tomb started to collapse and everyone lost their balance.

Arthur ran and grabbed the sword out of Odin's hands and hit him in the chest with the handle most likely breaking one of his ribs. Arthur cut down another member of Odin's men and threw his sword to Percival while he picked up another from the floor.

Aria unsheathed her sword and joined in on the action. Arthur glanced wide-eyed at his sister as they fought back to back.

" Aria? What are you doing here?" Arthur yelled over the noise of clanging swords and falling rubble.

" I found out it who Hilda was. I had to warn you!" Aria loudly replied

Arthur was about to reply when one of Odin's men almost fatally injured him but suddenly fell to the ground dead revealing Merlin behind him with his sword raised.

"Merlin?" Arthur said surprised he was also there.

"Hurry, this way!" Merlin yelled to Mithian, Rodor and Percival gesturing to the exit.

Mithian, Rodor, Percival and Arthur all ran through the exit and Aria was about to follow when she saw Morgana get thrown against the wall due to Merlin's magic. She fell to the ground, out cold.

" 'Ganna!" Aria cried and tried to run to her sister but was pulled away by Merlin.

Merlin and Aria caught up with the others as they were exiting the tomb and they all ran into the forest. Merlin was supporting Rodor as he was an old man and was becoming tired quickly.

The group reached the path and saw Odin's men charging at them yelling battle cries.

" This way!" Arthur yelled to the group and they all took off from the path.

A few of Odin's men tried to attack the group but were imminently cut down. Rodor cut down one of the men and Arthur and Aria stared at the old man with surprised smiles.

" Don't look so surprised." Rodor smiled at the siblings " I command an army in my time"

" and you will do so again." Aria smiled back at Rodor.

The group carried on running through the forest being chased by Odin and his men.

Rodor was lagging behind and was extremely tired even with Merlin helping him.

"Leave me," Rodor said causing everyone to stop and look at him as he lent against a tree.

" That's not gonna happen. You're the reason we're here" Arthur told the man.

" Leave me," Rodor said once again as Percival placed Rodor's arm around his shoulders to support him. " Save Mithian" Rodor pleaded

Aria and Arthur could see Odin and his men gaining on them.

" Follow the ridgeline," Arthur told Rodor

" What about you?"

" We'll lead them the other way. Please take Aria with you"

" No," Aria and Mithian said at the same time.

" This is between me and Odin. You need no further part in this" Arthur argues with the girls.