Chapter 65

It had been about a  week since the royal wedding. Aria and Mordred were as happy as can be but ever since the morning after the wedding Aria had been feeling really sick.

Every morning Aria would wake up feeling happy with Mordred's arms wrapped around her protectively but then immediately she would feel nauseous and would spend most of the morning puking in the chamber pot.

"You should go and see Gaius" Mordred suggested with a worried expression after Aria had stopped throwing up for that morning and was now sat in a chair at the table.

"I'm fine..." Aria muttered holding her head in her hands.

"Ari, you are not 'fine'. This has been happening for over a week now. You need to see Gaius" Mordred urged

"Yeah" Aria nodded weakly" you're right. I'll go now."

Mordred stood up the same time as Aria and gave her a warm, loving hug and a kiss on the head.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Mordred asked.

Aria shook her head into Mordred's chest
" You have patrol, you can't miss it or Arthur will have your head. Especially after you missed the last one."

"Well, Arthur doesn't have a sick wife who has been throwing up in the chamber pot for the last week or so ." Mordred pulled back slightly giving Aria an unsure look.

"Go, I'll be alright. It's probably just a stomach bug anyway." Aria encouraged

Mordred sighed and gave his wife a final kiss on the forehead.

"I love you" He muttered

"I love you too" Aria replied before Mordred went to grab his sword and walked out the door, sending a concerned look over his shoulder at his wife before he left.

Ella came in a few minutes later and helped Aria change into one of her dresses.

Before Aria left with Ruby to go and see Gaius

________________________________________

Aria was sat silently in Gaius chambers with Ruby laying by her feet as Gaius conducted numerous tests to find out what was wrong with her and why she was throwing up a lot.

"When did it start?" Gaius asked sitting down opposite Aria.

"About a week ago," Aria answered " The morning after the wedding"

Gains face suddenly lit up as an idea suddenly came to his mind.

"Aria... When was your last cycle?"

Aria stared at her old friend weirdly before answering " Well, I think it was...."

Aria trailed off as she caught on to Gaius' idea and her eyes widened.