Chapter 48

Kilgharrah flew all the way to Aria's field and gently placed Merlin in amongst the flowers before lowering himself down and allowing Aria to slide down his wing and onto the ground.

Aria went and knelt beside Merlin and noticed that he was becoming paler and had lost a lot of blood.

" Please, can you help him?" Aria asked looking up at Kilgharrah, worried.

Kilgharrah just nodded and gently breathed on Merlin. Aria's eyes widened in wonder and fascination as she witnessed Merlin's wound heal itself and the colour slowly begin to return to Merlin's face.

Aria then stood up and looked up at the Great Dragon with appreciation. "Thank you, for saving our lives"

Kilgharrah just nodded at her again " it is my pleasure, young one."

Aria smiled up at the creature for a moment before her smile turned into a frown and she looked back over at Merlin who was still out cold.

"Will he be alright?" Aria wondered

"He will be fine. He should awaken by morning and I shall be here all night to ensure his safety" Kilgharrah reassured the young princess. "You'd better be heading back to the castle now. I'm sure there are a good number of people who are worried about you"

Aria nodded and began to exist the glade.

" Nerys." Kilgharrah called out before Aria left the glade."Leave the box that Finna gave you with Merlin." Aria nodded and placed the small box that Finna had given her in Merlin's limp hand.

"And remember, young one,  no matter what you should face in the days to come, you must always have hope"

Aria looked slightly confused as to what he meant by that but smiled anyway and made her home.

_________________________________________

The next morning, Merlin's eyes fluttered open. He looked around confused for a moment before he sat up and realised he was in the glade. He felt something in his hand and saw the box that Finna had given him and Aria. He saw Kilgharrah standing a few feet away from him. Merlin felt the area where his wound was only to find it had completely headed.

"Thank you" Merlin smiled at the dragon.

"As I told the young Pendragon last night, is my pleasure" Kilgharrah replied

Merlin looked around him and noticed Aria was nowhere in sight. "Where is she?"

"I sent her back to the castle, reassuring her that I would watch over you until you awoke. "

Merlin sighed realising that Aria now knew the truth about what she was. "It's happened. Aria now knows the truth"

"Thankfully not all of it. She still doesn't know about your visions and that is a good thing."

"Why can't she know about my visions?" Merlin wondered

" If she found out about Mordred's destiny I fear the actions she may take while trying to avoid it, would get her killed "

Merlin was quiet for a moment letting the information sink in  before he smiled at the dragon again."For a second there, I thought you weren't coming."

"I would never forsake you, young warlock" Kilgharrah almost seemed to smirk at Merlin.

Merlin just chuckled before he looked at the dragon concerned "are you alright?"

"Of course" The Dragon quickly answered.

Merlin didn't believe him. He shook his head as he stood up. "Your wing," he said gesturing to one of  Kilgharrah's wings that looked wounded.