Chapter 33

Aria ran all the way to Arthur's chambers. She knocked on the door hard and waited for permission of entry.

" Come!" Arthur exclaimed from inside the room.

Aria walked in and saw Arthur sitting at the table, Gwen sitting next to him and Merlin turning down the bed.

"Aria? What's the matter?" Arthur asked when he saw the frantic look on Aria's face.

" I went down to visit Tyr, down in the cells, to see if he'd tell me anything. I know he didn't commit treason. " Aria explained

" You went to the cells to see Tyr" Arthur raised an eyebrow

Aria nodded.

" Aria, we've been over this before. We know that he said. The evidence doesn't lie"

" Arthur, he saw someone going over your saddle in the stables."

" He told you this?" Arthur queries

" Five minutes ago," Aria said

" Then who was it?" Arthur says getting up from his seat.

" He wouldn't tell me, he's too frightened. They threatened to kill his mother"

" I must speak with him at once" Arthur states heading for the door.

Aria saw Gwen looking panicked and smirked slightly. She knew now that it was defiantly Gwen who Tyr saw.

" Arthur surely it can wait." Gwen says getting up from her seat " Gaius told you to rest, let your injuries heal."

" I'll be fine, Guinevere. I just want to hear what he has to say." Arthur opened the door to leave with Merlin and Aria behind him.

" And you shall, but Tyr's said all he's willing to say for now." Arthur stopped to look back at Gwen.

" He's clearly frightened and unsure what to do. Don't push him. Let him think it over and maybe after a night in the cells, he'll be prepared to say more."

Aria glowers at Gwen as Arthur thinks for a moment. Arthur eventually closed the door.

" As always, Guinevere, you're right," Arthur said walking past Gwen.

Gwen looks at Merlin and Aria noticing Aria's hard stair before following after Arthur.

_________________________________

" Have you noticed anything about Gwen of late?" Merlin asked Gaius as they sat eating their dinner that night.

" Nothing unusual, why?" Gaius responded

" I'm not sure exactly. Aria keeps glaring at her"

"Somethings she's said?  Something she's done? Gaius wonders

Merlin shakes his head " I don't know what she possibly could have said or done to upset Aria. They've always close friends. But it just seems to me that ever since Gwen and Aria returned from the dark tower, Gwen hasn't been quite herself"

" Well, is that so surprising? She lost her only brother. Elyan was all the family she had. And grief changes people, Merlin." Gaius reasons

" I know it does, but..." Merlin shakes his head.

" Besides, we can only guess what Morgana put her and Aria through"

" That's what worries me"

___________________________________

The next morning, Tyr was discovered dead in his cell. Gaius was imminently called and was now examining Tyr's body as Arthur, Aria, Merlin, Percival, and Violet watched.

Arthur was knelt down next to Gaius as Merlin, Aria and Violet stood behind them near the cell door while Percival stood outside the cell.

Aria had tears in her eyes at the loss of another friend.

" The blade punctured his heart. He suffered very little, I'm glad to say" Gaius informed the king standing up.

" You've spoken to the night patrols?" Arthur asked

" They saw nothing unusual, sire," Percival answered as Leon appeared holding something in his hand.

" What about the guards? Why didn't they raise the alarm? " Aria wondered

" Sire, I found this in a grate, " Leon informed as Gaius took whatever was in his hand and examined it." in the guard room"

Gaius smells it " Clary wort. A powerful soporific, sire"

Arthur signed, places his head in his hands and shakes his head.

Percival, Leon, and Gaius all leave the cell.

"I've been a fool" Arthur sighed standing up. " I should've spoken to him when I had the chance."

" Arthur, whoever did this was no stranger to Camelot. They knew the Citadel inside out. " Aria said before she and Violet left.

________________________________
As Aria and Violet were now back in Aria's chambers. Aria had changed into her beautiful white and purple gown.

With her hair down and was sat on her windowsill reading a book while Violet did her chores around the room

With her hair down and was sat on her windowsill reading a book while Violet did her chores around the room. Ruby lay on her back lazily on Aria's bed which Violet giggle as she walked passed on her way to Aria's wardrobe.

" Alright, come on Vi. Time to fess up." Aria said looking up at Violet and closing her book.

Violet looked at Aria confused as she put away some of her dresses.

" What are you talking about? Fess up about what?" Violet asked

Aria had a teasing smile on her face.
" You and Leon"

Violet froze and blushed " I-I don't know what you're talking about"

Aria got up from her windowsill and placed her book on her bed beside Ruby as she approached her best friend.

" Oh come on Vi. Every time he enters the room, you turn into a blushing mess and look down at your feet." Aria giggled.

Violet just continued to blush and not say anything.

"You know you can tell me anything, Violet. That's what best friends do"

Violet sighed, closed Aria's wardrobe and faced her friend.

" Ok. I'll admit, I do like him... A lot. And we may or may not have kissed" Violet admitted

Aria's face broke out into a huge grin and she squealed loudly, making Ruby jump up startled.

" When?" Aria asked

" The day you returned from the dark tower. I was thanking him for bringing you home safely and it just happened." Violet blushed

Aria squealed once more and hugged Violet tight. She was happy that Violet finally found someone.

Pulling away Aria looked at Violet teasingly

" What?" Violet sighed when she saw Aria smirking

" So when's the wedding?"

" Aria!" Violet playfully glared and gently hit Aria's shoulder whilst blushing madly.

Aria just burst into a fit of giggles at how red Violet's face was.

___________________________________