Chapter 35

Merlin and Gaius had just returned from the forest and were now in Gaius' chamber examining a piece of fabric they had found hanging off a branch.

Gaius held the fabric with a pair of tweezers as he looked at it through a magnifying glass.

" Raw imported silk. Traders ask a small fortune for it" Gaius handed the fabric to Merlin so he could have a look at it as well. " Whoever that belongs to is extremely wealthy."

Merlin looked at the fabric through the magnifying glass. " what is that, some kind of embroidery?"

"Indeed. Woven threads of silver and gold" Gaius replied " only those of the highest rank could afford such a thing"

Merlin paused as he remembered was Aria had told him before he went to the forest.

"Merlin?!" Gaius called as Merlin suddenly took off out the door "Where are you going now?"

________________________________

Aria was currently in the training felids practising her sword fighting. She was dressed in her armour

And she had braided her hair over her shoulder

Aria decided to get Ruby out for a bit and took her with her to the training grounds where she was happily snoozing in the sunlight on the grass

Mordred smiled when he caught sight of Aria in the training fields and approached her.

" Would you like a sparring partner?" He asked.

Aria stopped fighting an invisible opponent to look at Mordred and smiled, giving him a short but sweet kiss on the lips.

"I would like that very much" Aria answered.

The two then began to fight. They were going for a while and were both equally matched until Mordred finally managed to disarm Aria and trip her up causing her to tumble to the floor out of breath.

"I win." Mordred smiled triumphantly as he helped Aria up.

" Best out of 3?" Aria asked causing Mordred to chuckled and nodded.