Chapter 46

"You mustn't go to her, Merlin" Gaius said as he tried to convince Merlin not to go and meet the mysterious women he met in the woods. They were still in Gaius' chambers and Gaius was sat at a table while Merlin was stood up pacing around the room as they talked.

"She can help me protect Arthur. Do I have a choice?" Merlin asked.

"Don't you understand? If something happened to you, we would all be lost." Gaius replied.

"But if she can truly help me make the first vision I saw become a reality, and I refuse to go, would all not be lost then, too?"

"Merlin" Gaius sighed "It was I who told Alator your true identity."

"You had no choice."

" And I cannot let that destroy you. If ever you held me of any regard... Please do not do this" Gaius begged.

"You know I'd never do anything to hurt you, Gaius," Merlin replied

"Thank you"

"...But how would Alator know that Aria is Nerys? When he's never even met her and even we had no idea" Merlin wondered

"Because Alator was a friend of Aria's mother." Gaius reviled

"Rose" Merlin said as he finally sat down opposite Gaius. He remembered Gaius telling him about her before.

Gaius nodded. " During the time when Alator tortured people, Rose tried her best to bring out the good in him. And during that period they became great friends. I assume that Rose knew of Aria's destiny and told Alator about it."

"But how would Rose know that?"

"Because, Merlin, Rose was a seer much like Morgana. She had a vision of the future Aria would help shape" Gaius explained.

"So, that's why Rose left Aria here. Because she saw Aria's future"

Gaius nodded "I imagine that she thought it would be best for Aria to grow up with the person she was destined to help"

_________________________________________

In the armoury, Violet and Aria laughed as Aria was passed Gwaine's helmet by Percival. Gwaine stood in the middle, trying to catch his helmet but with no luck. Merlin was just watching the knights mess around from the sidelines smiling amusedly.

" It's not funny," Gwaine said as Aria tossed his helmet to Leon.

"It's not funny at all" Leon laughed and chucked the helmet to Mordred when Gwaine went to grab it.

Mordred then chucked it to Aria who laughed again, smirked at Gwaine then passed it to Percival.

"No one but Aria and Violet is laughing. It's just childish" Gwaine complained.

Mordred then caught the helmet. "You're right, it's stupid. Here"

Mordred presented to hand Gwaine his helmet before he quickly chucked it to Aria who easily caught it and passed it to Percival. Pervial then tossed it to Leon again. Arthur walked into the armoury and caught Gwaine's helmet as Leon threw it over Gwaine's head to Mordred. They all stopped laughing and looked at Arthur with sheepish expressions.

"Gentlemen. Aria." Arthur greeted

"Oh, we were just- -" Percival stuttered trying to make an excuse.

"It's no matter" Arthur went to hand Gwaine his helmet but suddenly threw it to Percival making everyone but Gwaine laugh.

"Aria, Mordred" Arthur gestured to the young knights to follow him. "I've got a task for you"