Chapter 11

Aria, Arthur and Merlin were walking through the tunnels in search of Gwaine. Arthur was leading the group, torch in hand while Aria and Merlin trailed behind him.

Someone suddenly jumped out and tried to hit Arthur with an unlit torch but Arthur reacts and grabs the torch before it could hit him.

Then they realised who it was.

" Gwaine!" Aria cried in delight and relief.

" Trust you not to be doing any work" Arthur laughs

" It's about time" Gwaine breaths.

Merlin then wanders past the three and stares at some sort of creature hiding behind a rock

The creature resembled a human but was glowing a luminous blue and was very thin and tall.

" They're friends. Good friends." Gwaine tells the creature.

The creature stared at the group, mainly at Merlin, then it's gaze switched to Aria for a second before it ran off disappearing into the tunnels.

" What was that?" Aria asked confused but fascinated by the creature

" I'm not exactly sure, but I owe it my life"

____________________________________

The group was making their way back to Percival but something was wrong. The whole place was empty, no Saxons or slaves in sight. Aria could tell something was not right and was becoming uneasy and nervous.

"Arthur, something's wrong," Aria states whilst looking over her shoulder.

"The Saxons-- where have they all gone?" Merlin asked

Arthur and Gwaine stopped and turned to look at the two.

" First there are too many, now there aren't enough. Are you ever happy?" Arthur replied

There was a faint roar of a creature in the distance.

Merlin ran to the front of the group.
" What was that?"

" What?" Aria asked

A gust of wind suddenly hit the group causing Aria's hair to go everywhere and the fire of the torch to flicker.

" Feel, the wind" Merlin replies

The creature roared again in the distance but this time it sounded closer.

" That wasn't the wind," Gwaine says.

A large pure white creature, that looked like a dragon, suddenly came bounding down the tunnel towards the group.

Arthur quickly pulled Aria and Merlin behind him and pushed them forward. The group started running with Arthur supporting Gwaine at the back.

They find a small space, just big enough to fit all of them, in between some rocks and quickly hid in there as the creature ran past them, roaring and breathing fire as it went.

" Was that what I think it was ?" Aria panted.

" Where did Morgana get a dragon from?!" Arthur explained

" I have no idea" Merlin responds " Get Gwaine back to Percival. I'll lure the dragon the other way"

Arthur put his hand on Merlin's shoulder to stop him.

" Merlin, I've always known you were stupid, but not that stupid"

" No, I really am that stupid and if you don't believe me watch!" And with that Merlin ran off in the direction the dragon went before anyone could stop him.