Chapter 59

The sounds of swords clashing filled the night's air. Aria tried her hardest to stay close to her brother. For her safety. And for his.
Aria knew that since Merlin was not there, the duty to protect Arthur fell to her.

But at some point during all the horrendous fighting Aria somehow got separated from Arthur.

Arthur searched frantically for his sister until he finally spotted her cornered between the cliff face and a bunch Saxons.

Arthur rapidly fought his way through the sea of Saxons towards his outnumbered sister.

Morgana who was standing on top of the cliffs also noticed that her sister was in trouble. So not even thinking twice about it she used her magic to send the Saxons surrounding her sister flying back, sacrificing her own men to save her.

Aria stared wide-eyed at where the Saxons once stood. She looked around at the fighting looking for the person who had helped her, thinking it could have been Merlin. But she was shocked and somewhat pleased when she saw Morgana staring at her from on top of the cliffs. Morgana watched her sister with confusion and worry. Confusion as to how she escaped her fortress and worry for her safety.

Arthur then finally reached his sister after he fought what felt like hundreds of Saxons.

"Are you alright?" He asked before he turned and took down another Saxon.

"Yeah, you?" Aria asked as she did the same and took down another approaching Saxon.

"Never better" Arthur replied sarcastically

Aria just smirked amusingly at her brother before they both continued to fight for their lives and for the future of Camelot.

_________________________________________

Back at the crystal cave, the rocks that Morgana had made fall to block the entrance suddenly got blasted away clearing the entrance to the cave.

Merlin disguised as an old man came rushing out of the cave. He was wearing his red robes and he was carrying a wooden staff. He quickly climbed onto his horse and took off to Camlann.

_________________________________________

In amongst all the fighting, Mordred was searching frantically for Aria. He needed to know that she was alright. And he wasn't just looking for Aria but Arthur also. He trusted Aria when she said that she would talk to Arthur about letting Mordred return to Camelot. He just hoped Arthur had listened to his sister.

Suddenly out of nowhere, Aithusa came screeching down from the heavens, breathing fire on the fighting men. Everyone ducked away from the flames trying to not get hit or burnt by the flames. Aithusa then flew away and out of sight.

Arthur and Aria suddenly found themselves surrounded by Saxons.

As the Saxons approached from the front, Arthur and Aria swung their swords in unison. At the same time, thunder boomed and lightning struck the Saxons sending them flying back.

Arthur and Aria stared at the fallen Saxons confused before they swung around to fight the Saxons behind them. The same thing happened. Thunder boomed and lightning struck the Saxons dead.

Upon the cliffs, the two Pendragon siblings caught sight of an old man with long white hair and beard, red robes and clutching a wooden staff.

While Arthur stared at the mysterious man in shock and confusion, while  Aria stared at the old man relived and she smiled widely.

Merlin had arrived.

Merlin held up his staff and blasted another portion of the Saxons with lightning.