Chapter 66

Like always, the music ⬆is for later. By the way, who else loves this song.

Seconds turned into minutes. Minutes turned into hours. The sun had set and it was now pitch black outside with only the moon and stars for any source of light.

Everyone had been ushered from the room, beside Morgana and Gaius, and they were all now waiting anxiously outside of Aria's room.

Arthur was pacing back and forth in front of Mordred who was sat on the floor staring intently at the wall in front of him and Merlin was sat beside him tapping his foot nervously.  Everyone else was scattered between the hallway and Morgana's chambers.

"Merlin, how long do these things usually take?" Arthur asked looking at his best friend while still pacing.

"It varies, some take longer than others" Merlin answered still tapping his foot nervously.

Mordred didn't say anything and just continued to stare at the wall, clear concern in his eyes. Concern not just for his child but for his wife as well. He and Arthur both shared the fear that Aria would not make it. They could only hope that she did.

The silence resumed the only noises that could be heard was the nervous breathing, Merlin's foot-tapping and Arthur's rapid footsteps going back and forth.

" If you keep pacing like that, you'll wear a hole through the floor." Gwaine joked from where he was leaning against the doorway going into Morgana's chambers.

Arthur was just about to reply when the door to Aria's room suddenly opened and Gaius walked out, his facial expression unreadable.

Merlin and Mordred quickly got to their feet, Arthur immediately stopped pacing and everyone in Morgana's chambers came out or hung by the door to hear what the physician was going to say. They all held their breath in anticipation.

"Gaius?" Arthur questioned "How's Aria? The baby?"

Gaius didn't respond for a second before his face suddenly lit up with delight.

"Babies" He corrected still smiling like a mad man.

"It's Twins! One of each!"

Everyone's jaws dropped in shock. Twins! Aria had given birth to twins! Arthur would've

"Congratulations, my boy" Gaius patted Mordred on the shoulder before gesturing him to go inside the room in which he did with no hesitation.

_________________________________________

Inside her room, Aria was sat up in her bed, looking very tired but still gazed down lovingly at the tiny bundle in her arms. Morgana sat by her side with another small bundle, smiling. Ruby was sitting eagerly by the base of the bed, wagging her tail, staring excitedly at the bundle in Aria's arms.

When Mordred entered with everyone, he went straight towards the bed where Morgana gladly got up and gently handed Mordred his child.

The baby girl, who's little tufts of dark hair in the top of her head matched her fathers, stirred and opened her eyes, revealing beautiful sky blue eyes, like her mothers.

"She's got your eyes, Ari" Mordred grinned taking a seat next to his wife, as everyone else gathered around the bed, and gazed adoringly at his son who was curled up in his mothers embrace. He had wisps of golden blond hair on the top of his head and when he finally opened his eyes, they were icy blue, like Mordred's.

"I-I don't understand," Merlin said looking very confused "In the vision I saw, there was only one child"

"Well, it seems they're already like their mother. Already changing what has been prophesied"Morgana smirked making everyone laugh.