Chapter 14

It had been a week since Aria was knighted and she loved it. From the training to the patrols, it was just as she hoped it would be like.

It was a beautiful sunny day and Aria was making her way down to the library after finishing training. Arthur wasn't in training today as he and Merlin had gone on a hunt, so Leon was in charge of the days training. Of course, the other knights took this as an opportunity to mess around seeing as Arthur wasn't there to stop them. Thankfully they did manage to get some training done, not a lot but some.

Aria had recently been to her chambers to collect some books that needed returning and to change out of her amour. She was now wearing a pretty blue dress
And her hair had been let down, freely flowing behind her as she walked down the hall.

Aria's arms were bulging with the number of books she was carrying

Servants smiled kindly at the young princess as she passed them.

Aria finally reached the library and struggled to balance her books in one arm as she opened the door. As she walked inside, she didn't realise that she had accidentally dropped one of her books outside the door.

Lord Geoffrey of Monmouth, who was sitting behind his desk reading a rather large book, looked up as Aria entered and smiled fondly at the princess.

" Ah, Arianna" Lord Geoffrey greeted

" Hello, Geoffrey. I've come to return the books I borrowed" Aria greeted placing her stack of books onto Lord Geoffrey's desk.

Lord Geoffrey glanced over all the book covers, he picked up a book from the pile and studied it.

"Finished with this one already? You only took it out yesterday" Lord Geoffrey laughed

" Oh, I couldn't put it down, have you got anything new?" Aria asked glancing at the bookshelves stacked with books. 

She had read most of the books in the library due to the amount of time she spent in there. 

" Not since yesterday" Geoffrey chuckled

" Oh, that's alright. I'll be in the east wing if anyone needs me" Aria said walking off further into the library.

Lord Geoffrey smiled at Aria as she left before going back to his reading.
____________________________________
About an hour after Aria had gone, the doors to the library opened again.

Lord Geoffrey looked up from his book to see Mordred walking in with a book in his hand.

" Sir Mordred" he smiled" I haven't seen you in here much. Is there anything I can do for you?" 

"I was walking past and saw a book on the floor outside, I think someone must have dropped it. I wasn't sure if it belonged to you" Mordred replied holding out the leather-bound book.