Chapter 12

Music is for later.

A few days had passed since the events in Ismere and everything was back to normal.

Aria was currently in her room, gazing out of the window, watching her brother train the knights.

Parts of her hair were braided back while the rest was curled and flowed over her shoulders and she was wearing a beautiful blue dress.

Ruby was by her feet, trying to get her attention by pawing at her skirt and whining

Violet had gone to do some washing so Aria was on her own for now.

Ruby suddenly barked, making Aria look away from the window and down at her dog. Aria smiled and knelt down to pick up Ruby before looking out the window again.

Ruby, obviously wanting more attention from the princess, started licking Aria's face making her giggle.

" What? What do you want?" Aria asked her dog with a giggle " Do you want me to sing? Is that what you want?" Ruby barked and started wagging her tail as if to say "yes"
Ruby loved it when Aria would sing and would sometimes bark continuously until Aria finally gave in and sang something because it was the only thing that would make Ruby stop.

Aria giggled again at her energetic dog. She looked at the door, nervous that someone would suddenly walk in on her singing. Although she had sung in front of people before, she still was incredibly nervous.

When she was sure no one would walk in Aria took a deep breath, looked out the window at the knights fighting and letting her feelings take over, she started singing.

(Play the music up top)

If only I knew what my heart was telling me

Don't know what I'm feeling

Is this just a dream?

Uh oh, yeah

If only I could read the signs in front of me

I could find the way to who I'm meant to be

Uh oh, If only

If only...

Once Aria had finished, she hadn't noticed that Violet had walked into the room with her arms filled with freshly cleaned dresses. Violet placed down the dresses on Aria's bed before she started clapping making Aria spin round with wide-eyes.

" Violet! How long have you been standing there?" Aria asked walking over to Violet, Ruby still in her arms.

" Not that long. But don't worry, I won't tell anyone. I know how nervous you can get when singing in front of people " Violet reassured Aria before walking to Aria's wardrobe to place her dresses away.