Chapter 41

It was the dead of night in Camelot. A figure was quickly making their way through the castle and to the cellars.

Gwen opened the doors to the cellars and looked behind her to make sure no one was following her. She was about to walk off when she heard footsteps approaching so she quickly hid behind a corner.

Thinking the guards had passed, Gwen stepped into the open and carried on but was stopped when Percival noticed her.

"You there" Percival called out not knowing it was Gwen. "Show yourself"

Gwen turned around to face Percival who looked at her confused.

"Your Highness? Are you alright? Something wrong?"

"No no. All is well." Gwen reassured him with a smile.

"It's dangerous to be out at such an hour" Percival warned

"I'm grateful you're so scrupulous in your duties" Gwen replied

" It's not where I thought to have found you, your highness. "

"One does not always wish to be your highness, Percival," Gwen said as she walked up to Percival " I miss the old town. Its streets, its people. So I go back sometimes."

"Is that wise?" Percival asked

"Well, people only see a queen when they expect to," Gwen replied

"All the same--"

"And it reminds me of Elyan" Gwen interrupted Percival. "And I need that sometimes."

"Of course" Percival muttered saddened by the thought of his lost friend. " I understand"
"I'm not sure Arthur would" Gwen shook her head.

"I won't mention it" Percival promised

"Thank you" Gwen smiled.

Percival then turned and left. Gwen's kind smile disappeared and she continued on her way to meet Morgana in the woods.

_______________________________________

In the forest, Morgana was stood waiting for Gwen to arrive and wasn't happy that she was late.

"You're late" Morgana states as Gwen approached.

"I'm sorry" Gwen apologized

"Is there a problem?" Morgana asked

"Nothing I couldn't handle" Gwen replied

"Did you get what I asked for?" Morgana asked

Gwen took out a roll of parchment from her cloak and held it out to Morgana. "It wasn't easy. It details the route the levy collection will take. Names of the knights, their arms, and the day they depart"

"You've done well Gwen" Morgana took the parchment from Gwen.

" We should be more careful when we meet"

"Why?" Morgana wondered

"Arthur's sending out more and more patrols every day, looking for Arianna. He won't stop until he's found her" Gwen warned

" Well, he should just give up now. Aria is as good as dead. " Morgana lied. In truth, Aria was still back at Morgana's hut safe and sound. But Morgana didn't let Gwen know that. She had to keep up the lie that she hated her younger sister.

Morgana's face suddenly darkened as she remembered that Gwen had gone against her orders and had taken an attempt on Aria's life.

"Speaking of Arianna, I've heard that you attempted to get her killed when I specifically told you to leave her be and that we would deal with her another time!" Morgana snapped