Chapter 27

A few days later and Aria was now standing with the other knights as they waited for Gwen and Elyan to return from visiting their father's grave. She was sitting on a boulder playing with her hair. She had decided to leave it down and unstyled.

Aria could see Gwen and Elyan walking back down the grassy hill and when they reached them, everyone got on their horses and started the ride back to Camelot.

" I think he'd be proud, " Leon states talking about Gwen and Elyan's father as the group rode through the forest.

" Particularly of Elyan" Gwen added

" Me?" Elyan asked in a surprised tone.

" Not just because you're a knight, but because of the man you've become. " Gwen elaborates

" I don't think so" Elyan disagreed

"She's right," Percival speaks up

" Absolutely" Gwaine agreed" You're outstanding. Especially when it comes trying to sweet talk the ladies if nothing else."

" Don't listen to him" Elyan resorts

Aria began quietly giggling as the others teased Elyan.

"No, Elyan loves only one woman," Percival smirked

" Who?"

" You!" Elyan answered his sister.

" Tell me, I'm your sister" Gwen tried to persuade him.

" Did Arthur not say?" Gwaine asked

" Arthur never tells me anything, " Gwen replied

" But he did tell you who Gwaine's in love with" Aria spoke up with a smirk.

" Himself" Gwen looked at Gwaine and everyone laughed.

" Shut up" Gwaine groaned

Everyone eventually stopped laughing but Aria was still giggling slightly.

" Pack it in, Aria! Everyone knows who you're in love with after your little displays of affection with Mordred during training"

Aria blushed and stopped giggling making the others start laughing as they entered a field.

The horses suddenly started to panic due to some snakes hidden in the grass.

Leon's horse reared back and flung Leon from its back. Leon lay face first on the ground hard and a snake slithered on top of him and bit him.

" They're after the Queen and Princess" Elyan realised as the snakes continuously went for Aria and Gwen.

" Get through the trees. Go!" Elyan yelled at the two royals and Aria and Gwen galloped away into the trees.

The two rode as fast as they could but stopped when they noticed Morgana standing in their way. So they quickly turned around and rode the other way. They would have gotten away if Morgana hadn't used her magic to forcefully pull Gwen from her horse making Aria stop and turn around to help her.

Aria climbed off Majesty and ran towards to unconscious sister in law.

" Gwen? Gwen!" Aria cried shaking her, desperately to try and wake her up as Morgana got closer and closer.

Morgana walked towards them and kneeled in front of Aria with a soft smile on her face.

" Sleep, Aria," Morgana said as her eyes glowed gold and Aria fell to the floor beside Gwen, unconscious. " For it could be sometime before you both do so again"