Chapter 50

The next morning, Mordred arrived back at the castle after Kara insisted that she would be alright.

Mordred was looking for Aria when he was stopped.

"Where've you been?" Merlin asked leaning against a wall.

Mordred turned to look at him. He still held his cloak, from last night, in his hand
" Nowhere"

"You're lying"

"What right have you to question me?" Mordred asked.

Merlin just shrugged his shoulders.

"Merlin, I know about my destiny and believe me when I say,  I hate it. But everything I do, you think the worst. Even after you gave Aria your word that you would trust me-"

"I said I would try to trust you" Merlin cut him off, no longer leaning against the wall and approached Mordred. "And I saw you let a Saxon go. Maybe I should tell Arthur?"

"Merlin-" Mordred said debating on where to tell him or not. "She's a druid. I knew her.  She was wounded what could I do? Let her be captured? She had an arrow in her leg. She cannot walk"

"You're taking a risk," Merlin said

"I can't let her die... She's my sister" Mordred confessed

"Where is she?" Merlin demanded.

"She needs a few days. She'll be gone. She means no harm. Please, you mustn't tell anyone" Mordred begged. "You know if Arthur catches her, she'll be killed. Please, Merlin. I beg you. She's one of us. Promise me?"

"Your secret is safe with me. You have my word" Merlin promised " but does Aria know about this? I'm not keeping any more secrets from her, not anymore"

"Aria knows. I told her everything last night." Mordred answered.

" Can you do me something in return for keeping your secret?"

"What?"

" Find out from Ari, what I have to do to gain her trust back. Please, Mordred. I beg you. All I want is her forgiveness" Merlin begged desperately.

"I'll see what I can do" Mordred smiled causing Merlin to smile back in relief

"Thank you"

Mordred nodded " But know that in future, don't keep things from her that she has a right to know about"

"Merlin" Arthur called out from down the corridor. Mordred then walked away as Arthur came round the corner.

"What are you doing?" Arthur asked as he walked up to his closest friend.

"I'm like a swan" Merlin randomly said turning around. " it seems like I'm not doing anything, but there's a lot of work going on underneath."

"Hmm, interesting. I see you more as a head louse" Arthur restored teasingly

"Right?" Merlin looked at Arthur confused

"Useless, irritating. Come on. We've got a patrol to map" Arthur said as he turned around and walked away with Merlin following.

_________________________________________

Aria was down in the training fields with Ruby. She was wearing her pink dress and she had her hair down with a braid across the top of her head.