Chapter 37

A week later, Aria was out one night on patrol with Leon and some other knights. Gwen had also decided to join them as well for some reason.

The group were walking in the lower town when they noticed a hooded figure walk out from the shadows.

"Stop!" Leon ordered as he, Aria and the other knights drew their swords.
" Show yourself"

The figure turned around and lowered his hood to reveal a young boy with brown hair and a nervous look on his face.

"Oh, he's just a boy." Aria smiled putting her sword away.

"Out here in the middle of the night?" Leon questioned suspiciously.

"There's no need for your sword," Gwen told him.

The boy took notice of Gwen and Aria and kneeled before them. Aria and Gwen approached the boy and Aria leaned down to give him a friendly smile.

"Come," Aria said as she helped the boy stand up. "Where are you going?"

"Been catching frogs." The boy answered

"Frogs?" Leon asked in disbelief

" It's a full moon, Leon" Aria turned to reply to Leon.

" We used to do it" Gwen smiled before turning back to the boy.
" Come on, you should be in bed. Off you go."

"Thank you, your highness, my lady" The boy did a quick bow to Aria and Gwen before walking off.

______________________________________

When Gwen and Aria had gotten back to the castle, they went straight to their chambers. Gwen had asked Merlin for a hot bath so Merlin was now in the kitchens preparing a bath for Gwen. His had taken off his brown jacket and had rolled up the sleeves of his blue shirt so they wouldn't get wet as he prepared the water.

Merlin heard the floorboards creak and he turned around and saw the same brown-haired boy that Aria and Gwen had seen, standing just outside the door.

"Who are you?" Merlin questioned the boy

" My name is Daegal. ( Die-gal) " He answered

" How'd you get in here?" Merlin questioned again walking towards the boy.

"It wasn't difficult"

"Really? Get out." Merlin ordered trying to close the door.

"Please, it's my sister," Daegal begged " She's sick. She needs a physician"

" Well, bring her to Gaius. " Merlin dismissed as he tried to close the door again.

"I can't" Daegal held up his wrist to show a druid mark " It's too dangerous for our kind"

Merlin just stared at the mark and didn't say anything.

" I need you to come with me. She needs your help or she will die." Daegal pleaded

"I'm not a physician," Merlin tells Daegal but then he hears distant footsteps approaching.

"In" Merlin quickly ushered Daegal inside the kitchen. He pushed the door so it was nearly closed and peered through the gap waiting for the person to pass by before he closed it fully.

"She's only six. She has the sweating sickness. I'm begging you. You are her only chance" Daegal desperately pleaded once again.

"How far is she?" Merlin asked.

"The valley of the fallen kings."

"That's more than half a day away." Merlin frowned shaking his head a bit.