Chapter 18

Now down in the cellars, Arthur peeked around the corner to see if his father was there. He wasn't. So Arthur walked around the corner fully with Aria and Merlin following.

" Never thought the day would come when I'd be hunting my own father. When I became king, more than anything, I wanted to make him proud." Arthur said as he scanned the empty cellar

" What is it?" Aria asked as she saw Merlin shaking his head.

" You both have always done what you believed to be right, even if you knew your father would disapprove of it" Merlin answered " Do you not see how different you are to him? Camelot's a better place since you became king, Arthur."

" Father clearly doesn't think so," Arthur muttered

" The people believe in you, Arthur," Aria said" That counts for nothing if you don't believe in yourself"

Arthur was about to reply when a huge gust of frigid wind blew past the trio, whispering loudly. Arthur gestured to Aria to stay put before gesturing to Merlin with his head. Merlin nodded and the two boys shot around the corner expecting to see Uther but found nothing.

Arthur gestured to Aria that the coast was clear and Aria came timidly walking around the corner. The trio slowly walked forward only to stop when the door to the storage room rattled. Then there was the sound of shattering glass somewhere else in the cellars.

" Merlin, you check the storeroom. Aria your with me" Arthur ordered

Merlin walked back to the storeroom while Arthur and Aria went to investigate further into the cellars.

Merlin hesitantly opened the door to the storeroom and peered inside. He walked in surveying the room for any signs of Uther.

The room was dead quiet apart from the sounds of Merlin's footsteps.

Suddenly Merlin jumped as a pigeon flew out in front of him and landed on one of the shelves. Then there was silence once more, but it didn't last long as the shelves filled with a variety of contents starting shaking and banging on their accord.

Merlin tried walking towards the door, which had somehow closed when a barrel fell in front of him blocking his path. Different contents from the shelves followed and fell to the floor stopping Merlin from reaching the exit.

" Arthur! Aria!"
____________________________________

Arthur came round a corner quickly with Aria following, clutching her sword tightly out or nerves.

"Aria, stay close. I don't want anything else happening to you. Not after what happened last night." Arthur warned as he saw Aria was falling behind.

The wind blew loudly past the two siblings, making them both stop for a moment before they continued walking but slower. Aria grabbed hold of her brother's hand for comfort and Arthur squeezed it reassuringly.

The wind suddenly blew fiercely causing the fire of the torch to go out. Arthur and Aria whirled around and heard loud footsteps heading towards them.
Aria looked terrified and hid slightly behind Arthur.

" Merlin?" Arthur whispered loudly " Merlin is that you?"

The footsteps started slowing down when the two siblings realised who the footsteps belonged to.

" Father" Aria realised nervously

Uther suddenly appeared behind his children making the turn around again but he was already gone. Arthur dropped the unlit torch to the ground and took the Horn of Cathbad from his belt.

The Duo then started slowly following their father.

____________________________________

Walking along the dark corridor the only sound to be heard was Arthur and Aria's footsteps and Aria's nervous breathing.