Chapter 25

Aria was currently sat on a log, looking down at her feet whilst Arthur stood in front of her with his arms crossed and looking very angry.

The other knights and Merlin have all huddled a few feet away from them. They didn't want to get in the middle of Arthur scolding Aria.

" Arianna, what are you doing here?!" Arthur exclaimed at his sister.

Aria didn't answer.

" I told you that you were not allowed on this mission and that you were to stay inside of Camelot! Why didn't you listen!?"

Aria simply shrugged her shoulders. Arthur sighed and placed his face in his hands.

" Where's your horse?" Arthur asked

Aria silently pointed in the direction of the horses.

" Great. Then you can go back to your horse and ride back to Camelot" Arthur ordered

" But Arthur..."

" No, Aria. It's dangerous here, you're going back to Camelot. Now" Arthur cut her off.

Mordred cautiously and silently approached the two.

" Sire, if I may?" He intervened

" Yes, Mordred?"

" I was just thinking that it would be safer for Aria to stay here with us. Because if she rode back to Camelot, she would be by herself, she could possibly be attacked by bandits and we wouldn't know" Mordred reasoned

Arthur stood there thinking for a moment while the others watched him curious as to what his next move was.

Arthur looked at Aria who was still sat on the log looking at him hopefully. Arthur sighed.

" Alright, you can stay but you're staying where I can see you and no wondering off, do you understand?"

Aria smiled and nodded excitedly whilst getting up from the log.

Arthur went to walk close to the cave and Aria followed. As Aria passed Mordred she whispered " Thank you" in his ear making him smile and blush.

While walking closer to the cave Merlin came up behind Arthur.

" My Lord"

" What is it, Merlin?" Arthur asked.

" This place is sacred," Merlin warned

" It's a cave, Merlin"

" It's more than that."

" Any one cave is the same as any other" Arthur dismissed

" You can't go armed into a sacred place" Merlin warned again.

Arthur stopped and looked at Merlin as if he was insane.

" You want us to go in there unarmed?"

Merlin stayed silent.

" of all the ridiculous things that you've ever said, Merlin. There's been a few. That's the most ridiculous. By far." Arthur then walked off with the knights and Aria following. As he passed Merlin, Mordred gave Merlin a worried look. He knew how sacred this place was and wanted to leave his weapon outside but didn't want to disobey his king.

Aria, on the other hand, waited until all knights had passed her before unsheathing her sword and placing it on top of a bush along with her bow and quiver full of arrows.

She smiled at Merlin before they both followed the others inside.

____________________________________