Chapter 58

"I don't understand, how did Morgana make us all believe that you were really gone?" Arthur wondered to Aria as they sat together around the fire that night, eating their supper.

"That may have been my fault," Aria said reaching into her bag and pulling out her mother's journal. She handed it to Arthur who placed his bowl of food beside him and began to flick through the book.

"It belonged to my mother" Aria revealed

Arthur looked up from the pages to stare at his sister with shock. Aria rarely ever talked about her mother because even after all these years she was still hurt that her mother abandoned her.

" I couldn't leave without it, so I had brought it with me. When Morgana took me, she found it and used a spell that allows the sorcerer to make an exact copy of living things. Be it a plant or a person." Aria explained

"So it was a fake we saw? An enchantment?" Arthur asked.

Aria nodded her head.

" Well, I'm thankful it was only that. " Arthur smiled at his sister "  But how did you escape? Surely Morgana would've had you locked up and guarded"

" It was all thanks to Mordred. He found me and helped me escape." Aria answered

"If he helped you then why isn't he here now?"

" You sentencing him to death would be a good reason. " Aria gave Arthur as scolding look to which Arthur looked down.

"He admitted to me about having a part to play in your death," Arthur muttered " I was angry and upset,  I'm sorry"

" We didn't know Morgana would be there. And as you can clearly see I'm alive." Aria said, " So, will you withdraw your sentence?"

Arthur looked up to see Aria giving him a pleading look.

"Alright. I will withdraw my sentence against Mordred." Arthur said making Aria smiled and sigh in relief. "And, if he wishes. When he comes back, because I know he will if you're here, I'll consider having him as a knight again."

Aria beamed and hugged her bother as best she could without spilling her stew. Arthur just chuckled at her hugging her back.

_______________________________________

  Merlin was still trapped inside the crystal cave. He had been desperately trying to move the rocks that blocked the entrance. He was failing because he was too exhausted and wounded. But he didn't give in. He needed to get back to Arthur.

Merlin fell to his knees breathing heavily after another attempt of moving the rocks. Merlin looked up when he saw a light in the corner of his eye. Over a steep, rocky slope, a faint blue luminous light was glowing.

Merlin weakly got up and began to claw his way up the slope. When he got to the top he climbed over the rocks and took a few steps before he fell down, finally too weak and exhausted to carry on.

As he had no strength left, Merlin fell unconscious.

_______________________________________

The next morning, Camelot's army set off again and head for Camlann.

Once there, most of the men headed off to set up camp while Arthur, Aria and a few of the other knights looked around the area.

Arthur, Aria and a couple of the other knights were on horses while some of the others were on foot behind them.

Arthur held up his hand for everyone to stop. The landscape was rocky and rough and was surrounded by giant walls of stone.

"This is it," Aria muttered "Camlann. "