Chapter 39

The next morning, Merlin woke up still on the forest floor and looking extremely pale and sickly. He had dried blood on the side of his head where he had hit it the previous night and there were traces of the poison Morgana gave him on his lips.

Merlin tried to get up but couldn't as he felt an excruciating pain in his leg. He looked down and noticed a nasty gash on his leg that was bleeding heavily.

Merlin suddenly coughs and chokes. He couldn't breathe. He tried to use his magic but it didn't help as he didn't have enough strength to do a spell.

He tried again, his eyes glowing gold but quickly fading back to Merlin's original deep blue eyes. He tried once more with his last bit of strength but it was all in vain and Merlin fell back into unconsciousness.

______________________________________

Back in Camelot, Mordred and Violet were extremely worried. They hadn't seen Aria since the feast last night and they couldn't find her anywhere. The two had decided to split up so they could search the castle quicker.

Mordred walked into the library, slightly startling Lord Geoffrey who was sat behind his desk reading a large book.

"Sir Mordred" Geoffrey greeted smiling at the young knight and  standing from his chair " What can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if Aria was in here? Or has been in here anytime today?  I can't find her anywhere" Mordred told the old man.

Geoffrey shook his head looking concerned. " No, I haven't seen her at all today,  which I must say is slightly odd. Is her horse in the stables?"

"Yes, Sir. "

"I would go and alert the king if that is the case. I do hope nothing's happened to her."

Mordred nodded and rushed out of the library only to run head first into Violet.

" was she in there?" Violet quickly asked

"No, Lord Geoffrey hasn't seen her all day."

" Then we must tell Arthur"
Violet and Mordred rushed off to tell the king of his missing sister.

In Arthur's chambers, Gwen was helping Arthur get dressed as Merlin was still nowhere to be found and Arthur was beginning to worry.

"You're much better at this then Gaius" Arthur complimented as Gwen tightened the straps of his armour.

"I was a servant, remember?"

"You were always much more than that"

Arthur than grunts as Gwen pulled the strap tighter.

"Stop moving than. " Gwen smiled

Gwen tightened the straps again.

"Ow. I want Merlin back. Where is he?" Arthur asked

"You mustn't be hard on him. " Gwen warned

" I am a bit worried," Arthur said,        " you don't think something's happened to him, do you?"

"He probably overworked. " Gwen says as she finished with Arthur's armour. " Maybe you just once let him enjoy himself?"

"You're right"

"Besides you've got more important things to worry about"

Suddenly Mordred and Violet came rushing through the doors out of breath.

"Mordred?! Violet?! Don't you two know how to knock?" Arthur exclaimed in confusion

"Sorry Sir, but it's urgent." Mordred apologized