Chapter 54

(Victoria's POV)

"This is me as a baby. I was probably like 5 months old here." I said while the guys, Esdri and I were looking in the scrap book. "Dont you not like pink." Luis asked while looking at the photos of me weaeing pink. "I was a baby, do you think I had a choice on what I wear and what I don't." I replied sarcasticly. "She has a point," Daniel agreed with me. "I have a question," Remington looked up at me, "why does this city not look like the one we were in?" I sighed. Time to explain what happened.

"Okay so, you know Hurricane Katrina? I was like at least 5 when it happened right," I looked as everyone had their attention on me, "so I was born in New Orleans and my family lived there and stuff, but because of the hurricane we had to evacuate a few days before it hit. My mom, nana and I made it out safely but we had to like you know, stay at motels but sometimes with all the people evacuating the motels and hotels were already full so we had to sleep in the car at times." I looked down at my hands as I continued. "That's how my dad died." I mumbled and heard a few gasps around the room.

"Oh I'm sorry Vic. We didn't know." Emerson said wrapping his arms around my shoulders and pulled me into his chest. I smiled softly, "its fine. Really. I never knew him, plus my mom said he was a dickhead so..." She also said you are one. I guess it runs in the family. I'm getting sick of you already. Ive not even been here for 2 hours and you're already sick of me? Hurtful. Of course I'm already sick of you, you're a bitch. You do know you're talking to yourself, right? I huffed out wanting to scream my head off at the moment.

"Are you sure you're okay Tor?" Sebastian asked, worry in his voice. I nodded my head with a small smile. "I'm sure. Thank you for your worry though." I replied. He isnt worried. Shut up. I flipped thw page once Emerson let go of my shoulders. There was a picture of me and a little girl that looked a lot like Esdri. "Um Esdri, is this you?" I showed her the photo and she gasped a little.

"That is me. Why can't I remember this moment though?" She looked at me, "I dont know. I cant remember it either." We stared at the photo for a few more seconds before I turned the page just to see more pictures of us together. "Okay this is just weird now." Everyone nodded and we just looked at them all. "On I think I do kind of remember this one." I pointed to one of the pictures of me chasing after her. "I think I was in DR and thats where you grew up right?" I looked at her and she nodded. "Oh right! You were the little girl who didn't know Spanish." I nodded and chuckled a little. "I've never been able to learn Spanish. My friend, Lisette, she tried teaching me multiple times and just gave up." I smiled at the memory of her and I in a call.

(Flashback to late 6th grade)

"Hello, you ready to try and teach me Spanish?" I asked my computer screen. "I guess so." It took about 15 minutes for me to finally be able to pronounce one sentence even like 70% right. "Was that right?" I asked hoping I got it somewhat right at least. "OH MY GOD, no it isn't. I'm going to fucking give up." "Noooo, please try like one more time!" I whined to her. I heard her sigh and say a quiet fine. Mind you it was about 12 am on a school night. "If in late to school its your fault." She mumbled. A smile spread across my face. "Okay, just dont hit me in first period."

(End of flashback)

"Then how did you learn French?" Emerson asked curiously. He rested his head in his hand and looked at me. I smiled, "it was fucking hell. I was starting to learn things but then I just gave up for a while. Eventually after a few months, actually almost a year, I found a good app that actually was fun to use and used it to learn French. It took me about a year and a half but I did it eventually." I chuckled at the end of my explanation. "I'm still not that good at French. I'm not fluent but I know enough to make somewhat full sentences."

We continued to flip through the book until we all passed out where we sat. The only reason no one moved to go to the bunk was because we were having to much fun together and we all slowly started passing out. Of course, me and Remington being the childish ones drew on the people who fell asleep. He drew a dick on everyone's forehead whenever they fell asleep and I just put a random face. Okay fine, I put mini dicks too.

"I bet you that you'll fall asleep before me." I drowsily dared him. He shook his head as mine and his eyes got heavier and heavier. "No I won't...you will." He pointed his finger at me and sat down fell to his side. I fell ontop of him trying to sit down and that just caused us to burst out laughing. "I dont care anymore, I'm just going to sleep." I finally gave up as my eyes slowly fell. I noticed small snores coming from above and realized he already was asleep. I smiled and finally let myself drift into the soundless void.