A Familiar Face

TJ's POV

I stood in the bathroom staring at myself. I didn't look my best but I looked better than I did when I woke up this morning, I guess. I sighed before unlocking the door and running down stairs. Today was my first day at Jefferson and I was on the verge of having a panic attack.

"You okay, Teej?" Cyrus asked me when I walked into the kitchen.

"Cyrus? What are you doing here?" I asked him with a genuine small smile as I walked over to the medical cabinet to get my medication.

"I came to walk you to school. Amber has to leave earlier than us so she can't walk you today." He explained.

"Thanks. When do we have to leave?" I asked him finally turning around to look at him. He was wearing a dark red shirt and black skinny jeans with his signature grey Converse. I've got to admit he looked hot with his hair actual styled but he still looked adorable when it wasn't styled.

"In around 10 minutes. Why are you taking pills?" He questioned looking concerned.

"I-I-I-I'll tell you on the way to school." I stuttered. I had to tell him now, there was no way I was going to get away with the headache excuse. No one takes 8 tablets for a headache.

"You don't have to but if you do decide to tell me no one else will know." He replied with a small smile and I nodded in response before taking the pills.

"Do you want a drink or anything?" I asked Cyrus trying to change the subject.

"No thanks, I'm good." He said.

"Hey gay's, I've got to leave now." Amber interrupted walking into the kitchen to give me a hug.

I hugged her back tightly, closing my eyes for a second. She pulled away and smiled knowingly.

"I'll see you later baby bro and try not to worry too much. I know you're nervous but you'll be fine I promise. Just be yourself, everyone will love you. Andi and Cyrus will look out for you and I'm sure the others will too." She said before pulling me into another hug, this time a longer one.

"Thanks Ambs." I said with a soft smile, pulling away.

"No problem, baby bro. I'm going to be late if I don't leave now. Have a good day, I love you." She replied.

"Love you too." I said.

"Cyrus, look after him. He may say he's fine but he's not." She whispered to Cyrus.

"I'll look after him don't worry." Cyrus replied out loud.

"Bye gay's." Amber said walking out of the kitchen.

"See Ya!" Cyrus and I called in unison.

We heard the door shut and turned to each other smiling for no reason.

"Ready to go?" Cyrus asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be. let me just get my bag." I replied before running up the stairs to my room.

I ran back down the stairs with my bag and Cyrus was waiting by the door.

"Bye TJ, have a good day!" My Mom called from upstairs. 

"Thanks Mom, Love you!" I called back.

I heard a faint "love you too." before we shut the door behind us. I took a deep breath before we started walking.

It was silent for the first 2 minutes of the walk. I was just following Cyrus as I didn't know the way. By this time my heart was pounding and not in a good way, I felt like I was going to have a panic attack. I tried focusing on my breathing as we walked.