"I told you that I'd take a bullet for you"

TJ's POV

I entered Cyrus' hospital room and rushed to his side only to find that he was still asleep due to the anasthetic that the doctors had given to him before peforming the surgery.

I sat down on the chair what was by the side of his bed and took his hand into mine before kissing his hand lightly.

"He should be awake in a few minutes, the medicine they gave him was weak." Even told me from the door way. I just nodded and he smiled before walking out again, knowing that i wanted to be alone with Cyrus. 

I began fidling with Cyrus' fingers as i stared blankly at the wall in deep thought. 

"Hey, that's my thing." I heard a weak voice tell me, causing me to snap out of my thoughts.

"Hey baby, how are you feeling?" I asked, looking into his beautiful brown eyes.

"I could be better, what about you? Do those bruises hurt?" He questioned, reaching out to softly touch my face.

"They're nothing compared to the injuries you have. I'm so so-"

"Don't even try to apologise to me, it was either you dead or me minorly injured so i took the best option." Cyrus said, cutting me off and I looked down as tears filled my eyes at the guilty feeling in my stomach. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked lifting my chin up lightly with his finger, forcing me to look at him.

"I-i just feel guilty, like it's m-my fault." I stuttered, allowing my tears to fall.

"Listen to me, it is not your fault. It was my choice and it was either this or you dead. I'd rather me physically hurt than you gone." He wiped my tears away with his thumb and moved over before patting an empty space next to him, signalling for me to lay there.

I got onto the hospital bed and lay next to him before wrapping my arms around him.

"Hey, Teej?" Cyrus said, snuggling up to me.

"Yeah?" 

"I told you that I'd take a bullet for you." He told me and i let out a small chuckle.

"I love you so much." I sighed in contempt.

"I love you too." Cyrus replied, leaning his forehead against mine.

We leant in and our lips met causing fireworks to explode in my brain as always.

"Cyrus!" Isak ran into the room clearly panicking but stopped once he realised what was happening. Cyrus and I pulled away smiling.

"Bubs relax, I'm fine." Cyrus reassuered him.

"Fine? Fine!? You were shot no longer than an hour ago, you're not fine!" He excalimed.

"I am. I'm alive, happy and healthy." My boyfriend replied truthfully.

"Isak, he's okay." Cyrus' Dad said as he entered the room.

"Who shot him?!" Isak asked angrily causing Even to pull him into a comforting hug.

"Calm down." Even instructed and Isak wrapped his arms around his waist as he lay his head on his shoulder, closing his eyes.

"Are you sure he's okay?" Isak whispered.

"Yes, babe. He's perfectly fine." Even answered.

"And by the looks of it, i think we interrupted something so we should go and get a coffee." Even pulled Isak out of the room by his hand, leaving Cyrus and I alone again.

"You've got a bruise on your head too." Cyrus noticed.

"Yup." I nodded before laying my head down onto the pillow again.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm just still in shock i guess." I shrugged as i closed my eyes.

"I just don't get what his obsession is with hurting my family." I added.

"Well, he's not going to hurt me, you or your family again. He'll more than likely be put away for life." Cyrus told me, running his fingers through my hair.

"I sure hope so."