Three plans.

Author's POV

Cyrus trembled cautiously into the kitchen where Bub's was sitting, eating a piece of toast and reading a book.

"B-bubs, can I ask you something?" The nervous boy stuttered and Isak looked up at him.

"Go ahead." Isak smiled, closing his book.

"C-can we go and buy some artsy things? You- Y'know, so that I have something to do while we're here." Cyrus questioned, looking down at the floor.

"I don't see why not. I do need to get some food in anyway. Go and get dressed, I'll meet you in the car." Bubs agreed before taking his now empty plate over to the sink.

"I- uh- don't have any clothes apart from the ones I wore on the way here." Cyrus replied, biting down on his lip.

"Well, go and put them on for now and I'll buy you some clothes while we're out." Bubs told him and Cyrus quickly ran to his bedroom to get changed.

Cyrus didn't really want any paints and he had enough clothes, he just needed to see how far away they were from a bus station so that he could get away. He had come up with the plan while staring at his ceiling the previous night, unable to fall asleep. If there wasn't a bus station near by then he would look for the nearest house and when the time came time came for him to escape, he would take some money from Isak's wallet and leave to go to that house. He just had to hope that they were nice people.

If that didn't work, he'd go to the closest store and explain everything to whoever works there and hope that they'd let him use their phone to call Even, TJ or 911. He had three plans so hopefully at least one of them would work.

Once Cyrus had put on his jeans and a T-shirt he picked up TJ's hoodie and held it close to him, snuggling his face into it and closing his eyes for a few seconds. He folded the hoodie up neatly and hid it under his pillow, knowing that if Isak knew that he had It, he would most likely burn it. 

He ran out to the car and quickly sat in the passenger seat next to Bubs who was waiting in the driver's seat for him.

"Ready?" Bubs checked as Cyrus clicked his seat-belt in place.

"Ready." Cyrus confirmed with a fake but very convincing smile.

~With TJ~

"Okay, first stop is the gas station and then we're not going to stop until we find him. We're going to Arizona first because that's the direction that the hospital is in and where they are most likely to be." TJ told his Dad, bossily as he put his bag into the back of the car. 

"Wait!" He heard someone call from behind him, causing him to turn around.

"Marty? I'm about to leave so please make it quick." TJ sighed once he noticed who the boy approaching was.

"Correction: We are about to leave." Marty replied with a smile.

"What do you mean?" TJ frowned.

"I'm coming with you to help you find Cyrus." Marty told his brother as he put his own bag next to TJ's in the trunk of the car.

"Who's going to be here to look after E.V?" TJ asked, concerned for his baby sister due to the recent events with their biological Father. 

"I'll stay with her." Amber said, running over to them to say "goodbye."

"Okay but if anything happens, call me." TJ instructed.

"I will."  Amber said, hugging him.

"Stay safe." She told him.

"Okay." TJ nodded, pulling away from the hug.

"We'll be back when we've found him."

~With Cyrus~

After about five minutes on the road we began to pass a road of houses, it wasn't that far! I mentally sighed in relief, I had a chance of getting away, a chance to go back home.

"What are you smiling about?" Bubs questioned, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I'm just really excited to get my paints, that's all." I answered convincingly, I'd gotten good at lying.

"Can we maybe get some chalks as well?" I added.

"We'll see if they have any in hobby lobby." Bubs answered, focused on the road.

"Great."