Guardian Angel

Trigger Warnings: Mentions of  Brain tumours. Hospitals, schizophrenia and death.

Author's POV  

"Where's Pops?" TJ asked, clearly panicked as he approached his brother, sister and Buffy.

"The doctors are running some tests on him now." E.V informed him as she wiped some tears away. TJ pulled E.V into a hug and cried with her.

Cyrus just sat on a chair and let them have their moment. He wished he could do something about it but he couldn't, he hated seeing his boyfriend upset.

"What happened?" TJ questioned when he finally pulled away from the hug. He sat down next to Cyrus and Cyrus took TJ's hand into his and squeezed it.

"They thing he might have a brain tumour. He was talking to me and he just fainted randomly and fell down the stairs." E.V explained.

"W-will he be okay? How bad is it?" TJ stuttered with wide eyes.

"We don't know yet, angel." Me-maw told him.

"C-could he die?" TJ asked, letting more tears fall.

"We don't know for sure yet but they have said there is a possibility." Marty replied before letting out another sob. Buffy held him close as he cried, rubbing his back to comfort him.

"Where's Jonah?" Cyrus asked, realising that everyone's partners were their apart from E.V's.

"He's on his way." E.V answered and as if on cue Jonah ran through the door. He stopped E.V and sprinted over to her, trying to catch his breath.

"Hey, Baby girl." Jonah pulled his girlfriend into his arms and held her tightly as she sobbed uncontrollably.

"Babe?" Cyrus said to TJ who appeared to be completely silent.

"Babe?" He repeated, this time shaking TJ's arm to get his attention. TJ snapped out of his thoughts and turned to Cyrus.

"Yeah?" He responded.

"Are you okay?" Cyrus asked softly and TJ hesitantly shook his head.

Cyrus stood up and held his arms out for a hug. TJ wrapped his arms around Cyrus' waist and buried his head in the crook of his neck. Cyrus held him close and rubbed his back soothingly, as I said before he hated seeing TJ like this.

"It's okay, I've got you." Cyrus whispered, comfortingly and TJ began to cry, letting all his emotions out.

"I-I-I can't loose him. I-I-I just g-g-ot him back." TJ stuttered between sobs.

"I know, babe. There is still hope and I promise that whatever happens, it will work its way out in the end." Cyrus told him.

TJ continued to cry on the boy's shoulder, he couldn't go through this again. Loosing his brother and his Mom was hard enough.

"I-I-I can't do this again." He cried.

"I know, baby. I've got you, the doctors will do everything they can to make sure he is okay." Cyrus reassured the distraught boy.

"I love you so much." TJ held Cyrus tightly, he was so afraid of loosing him too.

"I love you too, babe." Cyrus kissed his hair and played with it, surprisingly it stopped TJ from crying. 

"Mr. Lindsay's family?" The nurse came into the waiting room and everyone turned to look at her anxiously.

"That's us." Me-maw said shakily.

"I'm sorry, but you are going to have to prepare yourselves for the worst." The nurse told them sympathetically.

Cyrus pulled TJ close again and TJ cried uncontrollably.