Never happy for too long.

Prepare yourself for the shittiest chapter that I have ever written. I honestly haven't had time to write but I wanted to try and update with the hour I had today. Sorry that it's so bad :)

Author's POV

Cyrus had finally been placed in a hospital room and was told that he had to stay in for at least three days so that they could keep an eye on his minor infection. TJ was of course sat by the side of his boyfriends bed, refusing to let Cyrus go anywhere without him. He couldn't loose him again.

"Thirsty?" TJ asked as he offered Cyrus his bottle of water.

"Yeah, thanks." Cyrus took the bottle of water and sat up in his hospital bed so that he could drink it.

"Come and lay with me." Cyrus said to TJ before moving over and patting the empty spot next to him. TJ kicked his shoes off and climbed onto the bed, pulling the light covers over him.

He opened his arms as an invite for Cyrus to come closer and the brown haired boy did. He snuggled up to TJ and lay his head on the other boy's toned chest before closing his eyes to the feeling that was present and stronger than ever in his tummy.

"What happened to your jaw? I noticed the bruise when I carried you in here." TJ asked the boy in his arms.

"Uh-B-Bubs hit me." Cyrus stuttered.

"Because I asked when I was going to see you again. He also slapped me for mentioning my Dad and just punched me whenever he felt like it. I-I don't get it, Teej. One minute he was nice and offering to make me some tea and the next he'd just flip out at me, it's like he was two different...people." He added and suddenly realised the reason behind Isak's strange and sudden change in behaviour.

"I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of that, baby. You didn't deserve any of it." TJ said sympathetically as he ran his fingers through Cyrus' soft brunette locks.

"It's okay, I'm here now. In my safe place." Cyrus said, confusing TJ slightly.

"Arizona state hospital is your safe place?" TJ asked, frowning.

"No, silly. In your arms is my safe place." Cyrus answered, giggling.

"I love you." TJ blushed.

"I love you too." Cyrus replied before lifting his head up to press a long-awaited kiss to TJ's lips.

"Cyrus!" Someone said happily , bursting into the room.

"Buffy!" Cyrus replied with a big smile.

"I'm so glad that you're safe now." Buffy walked over to the boys and hugged them both at the same time.

"Me too." The wounded boy smiled.

"How are you, TJ? I haven't seen you since before you went into hospital." Buffy said to TJ.

"I'm better now." TJ answered.

"Great. H-how's Marty?" The curly haired girl asked quietly.

"Why don't you go and see for yourself? He's at the vending machine with my Dad." TJ replied and she looked up, beaming with excitement.

"Is he really?" She grinned.

"Yup." Cyrus replied and she rushed out of the room causing TJ and Cyrus to laugh a little.

"Wait, does she know about Marty and Connor?" Cyrus wondered out loud.

"Are Marty and Connor even still together?" TJ frowned.

"Marty hasn't spoken about him at all." He added.

"That's a bit weird." Cyrus said and TJ nodded in agreement.

"Cyrus, there's something you should know." TJ's Dad said as he barged into the room, clearly breathless.

"What is it?" Cyrus responded curiously.

"Y-you're Dad, he-he got into a really bad car crash."