Picture bride

Jungkook

                                 Jungkook

We finally got into the airplane. We actually got here on time and even got to use the restroom.

Nico sits calmly on her seat next to me. She grabs the book from my backpack and eyes it.

"Daddy whats this about?" She flips through the pages.

"Oh, Picture bride. It's about a Japanese woman who's parents force her into marrying an American-Japanese man who lives in America. They meet through pictures and letters until she's sent to live with him. At this time in history America actually had Japanese concentration camps starting.

So the two end up being forced to live there in a race track where they built small house like places with no furniture or beds whatsoever it was also overcrowded and hot and they didn't have very good meals there. They face a lot of difficulties. It's sad to read because it's unfair to just force people to go away from their homes for being a certain ethnicity" I grip her hand softly.

She pouts.

"They're mean, you aren't supposed to force anyone into anything" she huffs.

I chuckle and kiss her hand.

"That's right baby. But it's all over now. And now there are many Japanese people in America"

"Can we go to America one day?" She turns to look at me with a small smile.

"Of course we can, where would you like to go sweetheart" I smile widely.

"Jinnie said that he'd like to visit LA, I don't think I know what that is but I want to go too"