Shot

Jungkook

Jungkook

" baby? " i grin as I walk back into my office after the long meeting.

She entertains herself with a coloring book and to my surprise kookie is laying peacefully right next to her.

" daddy look I colored a flower! " Nico smiles widely as she holds up the coloring book.

A red and yellow colored flower makes my heart soften.

" you did so good Nico " I clap.

A light blush dusts over her cute pale cheeks.

I sit on my swirly chair and wave Nico over.

" come to daddy Nico " I Pat my lap.

She drops her coloring book and runs up to me. Her bottom landing in my lap and giggles filling the room.

" did you behave well with tae? " i ask pulling her closer to my chest.

" yes Daddy, we took a nap and then taetae gave me spicy noodles they were really hot and I cried so he just asked Unnie to bring me a happy meal " she says muffled into my chest.

" awe baby you—"

" Mr. Jeon! " secretary kang runs in with tears in her eyes.

" what is it—"

" there's a shooter in the main hall Mr. Jeon, hide both of you! " she shouts.

My heart stops. My first instinct is to hold Nico tighter.

I check the security cameras from my computer and see the man with a gun on the elevator.

" Nico baby i need you to be quiet okay. Don't cry don't make any sound I promise this will be over soon baby, I love you so so much you got that so much princess " I kiss her lips over and over again.

" daddy I love you too " she says with small tears.

I hide Nico under my desk and give her my phone, instructing her to call 911.

I go out into the hallway and see the man in all black stop walking.

Im terrified, I'm sweating and my hands are shaking.

But the image of Nico smiling widely as I chase her around the house appears in my head.

" move out of the way you! "he shouts.

I shake my head.

" no, I'm not moving " I say loudly.

" Fine then, have it your way " he chuckles.

Before I could even process what's going on a small body runs in front of me and a gunshot is heard.

Everything is in slow motion, my ears ring and my head hurts.

I can see the man running away in a panicked moment.

I can see how secretary kang aids someone.

I look down confused and see a small body.

As I take a closer look, it's Nico.

Secretary kang presses down with force on her stomach as Nico turns pale.

I don't understand what's going on until secretary kang removes her hands and they are full of blood.

She wipes her tears and pulls out her phone shakily.

I snap out of it and breath loudly.

I hold Nico tightly as blood pours out of her lower abdomen.

" Nico baby breathe, stay with me okay you gotta stay with me Nico " i say as I rip a piece of my shirt off and put it over her wound.

I press down on it to stop the blood flow but she's turning too pale.

" Nico don't baby, don't close your eyes I promise help is coming please princess " I start to cry.

My voice cracks.

" FASTER SHES GETTING PALER! " secretary kang screams into the phone.

I just wanted to keep you safe, but I couldn't even do that.